Join Turo as a Trust & Safety Investigator supporting our vibrant collection of car owners and travelers who inspire and fuel us every day. In this role you will be responsible for executing processes critical to ensuring the safety and security of the Turo community and marketplace.
You will respond to, investigate, and resolve assigned risk-related cases including fraudulent activity, missing vehicles, and any other issues that affect safety. We look for candidates with superb judgment, strong interview and communication skills, and a desire to help us build a world-class Trust & Safety Investigations team at Turo.
This position reports to our Investigations Lead, in our Phoenix, AZ or San Francisco, CA office. **This is not a remote position and interested parties must reside in the Greater Phoenix area by the time of employment.**
What You’ll Do
Role & Responsibilities
- Proudly be the Trust & Safety liaison for escalations from customer support, claims, leadership, and law enforcement
- Provide outstanding support to the valued members of the Turo community in the US, Canada, and the UK
- Independently manage and prioritize assigned caseload from start to finish with excellent follow-through
- Complete detailed investigations and execute the appropriate strategy for each case type; lead interviews with suspects and victims
- Develop deep understanding of risk signals, review user accounts and transactions, and identify fraud and other high-risk activity consistently
- Communicate case developments, trends, and other insights to team and management to drive continuous improvement
- Work with and foster relationships with a valued network of law enforcement, external partners and investigators
- Assume responsibility for special projects assigned by management and contribute to colleague's projects
- 2+ years of Investigations, Trust and Safety, Fraud or Risk Management experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive and embrace change
- Superb and dynamic communication, interpersonal, and investigative skills
- Commitment to high responsiveness and availability, strong ability to prioritize
- Can quickly adapt to new technology and systems: experience with Zendesk, CRM systems, Google Docs, and MS Office preferred. Mac expertise is a plus.
- You are a team player with a positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and a commitment to the mission
- Legal or law enforcement experience desirable
- BA/BS or work equivalent required
- Open to four-day schedule (Sunday - Wednesday or Wednesday - Saturday)
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!