We are looking for brilliant software engineers who have a passion for consumer products and want to join an exceptional team that is changing the way people think about travel. We ship code daily, A/B test extensively, and have a primary role in creating the product from inception to implementation. There’s much to do, and you’ll be responsible for making some real cool stuff happen.
Our APIs, internal services, and web app are at the core of our stable of software that’s reinventing mobility. Be a member of a small team of talented engineers and designers and play a major role in shaping an exciting app that’s changing how people travel.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate extensively with product management, design, and other engineers.
- Produce high-quality code, test it, collaboratively review it, ship it.
- Ensure proper technical design and documentation.
- Proactively identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design.
- Understand key technical components and drive them forward in innovative ways.
- Provide architectural input to product-related decisions.
- Develop tools and utilities to diagnose (and fix!) performance problems.
- Design, build, and evaluate features in very short periods of time. Iterate. Repeat.
- Work efficiently in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are desired.
- 3+ years professional experience
- Experience with mobile-first development (Android, iPhone, or mobile websites)
- Ability to take a project and deliver on it
- Experience shipping production code that scales
- Committed to clean-code patterns and effective testing
- Team player who enjoys being part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to clearly articulate complex technical issues to a wide variety of audiences
- A critical eye for design and usability, your opinion matters to the rest of the team
- Experience across the stack is a plus: back-end, CI tools, etc.
- Previous start-up experience is a strong plus.
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $500M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!