As an Airports Partnership Manager, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and leveraging strong and lasting relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure that Turo is easily accessible and attractive at airports nationwide. Expect to contribute to local and team-wide strategies, industry events, and managing internal processes on key issues, while being accountable for delivering programs and best practices. Importantly, you will constantly strive to ensure our partnerships remain strong, through hard work and dedication to creating the best experience possible for hosts and guests.
- Spearhead Turo’s efforts on airport permits/agreements to ensure terms are conducive to growing Turo business and present an inviting operating environment to the Turo community.
- Communicate with airport managers and ground transportation industry groups about the value of creating new and innovative transportation options for their customers, including through participation and presentation at relevant industry events.
- Lead mitigation efforts against operational and institutional threats, including those posed by the rental car industry, to Turo’s unfettered access to airports nationwide.
- Work closely with Turo’s Finance, Operations, Government Relations, Legal and Product teams to define priorities, build relationships, and lead cross-functional execution against defined metrics and OKRs.
- Track, analyze, and communicate key metrics to internal and external stakeholders, and negotiate and execute new growth initiatives.
- Manage the whole partnership lifecycle, including relationship building, contract negotiating, project management, internal cross-department cooperation, and compliance requirements.
- Manage all aspects of existing relationships, ensuring partner success, and developing new growth opportunities through both proactive and reactive levers.
- You have minimum 3 years of proven experience working for an airport or transportation entity, or with Government Relations, Business Development, and/or Account Management;
- Experience working and partnering with airports or with ground transportation operators on permit/agreements or working at an airport is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to close new deals and enhance existing relationships with business partners;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiating, and networking skills;
- Positive, customer service-oriented approach to work;
- Detail-oriented with strong project management and organizational skills;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, not easily discouraged, able to turn a “no” into a “yes,” and adept at solving problems creatively;
- You are willing to travel nationally for business (when it is safe to do so) – around 30%
- You have a positive attitude, are a team player, and most people find you fun to be around.
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!