About our team
We're a supportive, down-to-earth team of user researchers and product designers who work closely with engineers and product managers to discover, evaluate, and iterate on well-crafted experiences. We're fully bought into the belief that research insights fuel extraordinary experiences—at Turo there's no need to sell the value of user research, we're already devotees.
Your role and impact
The Lead UX Researcher will report to our VP of Design and will plan and conduct multi-method research that answers big questions and shapes our in-product and real-world experiences. We’re looking for a senior practitioner to be a player/coach who owns strategic research projects and manages/mentors a small team of researchers.
You are an excellent communicator and a flexible team player that can thrive in the dynamic mobility space. You are a strong UX researcher and have experience mentoring more junior researchers to help them grow. You are comfortable working closely with designers, product managers, and engineers who care deeply about creating experiences that increase trust, safety and create delightful experiences for our community of hosts and guests. Moreover, as the most senior member of our UX research practice, you will help us optimize our tools, and process as we continue to increase the impact of our research team.
- Deliver high-impact user research that helps shape product decisions from definition to launch, working at both a strategic and tactical level
- Manage, mentor and inspire our UX Researchers to conduct impactful studies for our hosts and guests, including field research, diary studies, surveys, usability testing, and any other creative methods you find effective
- Find creative and compelling ways to evangelize research insights throughout the company, to help sustain an informed and empathetic organization
- Increase research team efficiency where possible by optimizing tools, processes, and workflows with the UX Research team
- 5+ years of professional experience as a user researcher
- 1-2 years of experience managing or regularly mentoring junior researchers
- Masters or Ph.D. in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of user research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Excellent communication, presentation, social and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Experience conducting or managing international research
- Experience coordinating a research backlog
- While the UX research team most frequently focuses on qualitative methods, expertise with quantitative research methods is a big plus
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!