About our team
We're a supportive, down-to-earth team of user researchers and product designers who work closely with engineers and product managers to discover, evaluate, and iterate on well-crafted experiences. We're fully bought into the belief that research insights fuel extraordinary experiences—at Turo there's no need to sell the value of user research, we're already devotees.
Your role and impact
The Lead UX Researcher will report to our VP of Design and will plan and conduct multi-method research that answers big questions and shapes our in-product and real-world experiences. We’re looking for a senior practitioner to be a player/coach who owns strategic research projects and manages/mentors a small team of researchers.
You are an excellent communicator and a flexible team player that can thrive in the dynamic mobility space. You are a strong UX researcher and have experience mentoring more junior researchers to help them grow. You are comfortable working closely with designers, product managers, and engineers who care deeply about creating experiences that increase trust, safety and create delightful experiences for our community of hosts and guests. Moreover, as the most senior member of our UX research practice, you will help us optimize our tools, and process as we continue to increase the impact of our research team.
- Deliver high-impact user research that helps shape product decisions from definition to launch, working at both a strategic and tactical level
- Manage, mentor and inspire our UX Researchers to conduct impactful studies for our hosts and guests, including field research, diary studies, surveys, usability testing, and any other creative methods you find effective
- Find creative and compelling ways to evangelize research insights throughout the company, to help sustain an informed and empathetic organization
- Increase research team efficiency where possible by optimizing tools, processes, and workflows with the UX Research team
- 5+ years of professional experience as a user researcher
- 1-2 years of experience managing or regularly mentoring junior researchers
- Masters or Ph.D. in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of user research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Excellent communication, presentation, social and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Experience conducting or managing international research
- Experience coordinating a research backlog
- While the UX research team most frequently focuses on qualitative methods, expertise with quantitative research methods is a big plus