We are looking for a highly driven Tax Senior Analyst to join Turo’s tax team. This position includes a range of tax-related functions mostly associated with indirect tax compliance, development and implementation of taxability tools and tax impact analysis of ongoing projects. As a member of Turo’s tax team, you will be at the forefront of a rapidly expanding global organization. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of general tax principles, indirect tax experience, excellent technical and communication skills, and the ability to partner effectively across business functions. With your passion for teamwork and ambitious, proactive style, you will make significant contributions to every aspect of our Tax function, managing and facilitating Turo’s phenomenal growth rate.
- Own all aspects of US indirect tax compliance, including timely filing of the periodic indirect tax returns in multiple states and local jurisdictions
- Maintain and monitor compliance calendar to stay on abreast of all deadlines
- Perform monthly account reconciliations & create indirect tax true ups for financial accounting purposes
- Support state and local indirect tax audits by researching and collecting data as well as coordinating with auditors and internal personnel
- Research/analyze various state and local indirect tax regulations
- Assist in tax planning initiatives, including nexus and taxability analysis
- Research, quantify, and document tax positions and strategies
- Work with cross-functional teams within finance and as business partners with other operational areas
- Other corporate tax projects as required or needed
- 4-5 years of overall experience, including 2-3 years of indirect tax compliance experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Tax or related field. CPA a plus
- Strong technical skills on indirect tax matters
- Demonstrate a good understanding of US and International tax concepts. SALT knowledge a plus
- Working knowledge of OneSource and NetSuite or similar software
- Tax research and writing skills, knowledge of Checkpoint a plus
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to collaborate and work with a diverse team across functional and business boundaries
- Strong analytical skills with extreme attention to detail
- Self-motivation and drive, ability to work independently with a passion for teamwork, very strong documentation skills
- Ability to shrewdly identify problems and apply strong problem-solving skills to obtain resolution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapting rapidly when priorities and deadlines shift
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Apple equipment of your choice
- Four weeks paid time off
- Weekly team lunch
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo owner matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is the world’s largest peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!