Senior Data Scientist
You are a creative, rigorous senior data scientist who is excited to solve meaningful business problems. You are comfortable with a range of statistical and machine learning techniques with the ability to creatively apply them to our problems. You are proficient in translating unstructured business problems into an abstract mathematical framework, and making intelligent approximations to propose practical and scalable solutions.
You have a passion for consumer products, shipping code, and data focused experiments. You enjoy developing models that will have an enormous impact on our next chapter. And you are excited to play a key role in crafting the product from inception to implementation and beyond.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers and other data scientists to develop algorithms, and drive key product and modeling decisions.
- Lead the end-to-end process of conceptualizing, developing, deploying, and analyzing models.
- Present your insights and suggestions to audiences of all levels in the company.
- Dedicatedly perform explorations of data and algorithms to improve our models.
- Research the best metrics; design and validate experiments to measure model performance.
- Mentor junior team members to help them elevate to the next level.
- Deep understanding of mathematical methods in statistics, optimization, and machine learning. Demonstrable experience applying these methods to real data problems such as classification, regression, recommendation system, or time series analysis.
- Strongly self-motivated with a keen pair of eyes for details. A natural desire to learn and innovate with like-minded colleagues.
- Fluent in a production-ready programming language such as Python. Ability to deploy and scale models into a production environment on AWS as services by collaborating with engineers.
- Fluent in common data science tools, e.g. scikit-learn, numpy, pandas and PyTorch/Keras in Python (preferred) or equivalent tools in Java, Scala or R.
- Fluent in SQL or equivalent query languages; ability to efficiently query large datasets, and visualize the results.
- Knowledge of not only the fundamental algorithms and methodologies, but also the latest machine learning techniques.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in at least one of risk modeling, pricing, product experience, and growth marketing.
- Experience in experiment design and analysis.
- Experience building recommendation systems.
- Experience with AWS data warehouses, data lakes, and ETL frameworks such as Airflow.
- Experience with Spark and/or Hive.
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is the world’s largest peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!