We’re looking for a smart, savvy, strategic, and seasoned Engagement Marketing Manager to lead high-visibility, high-impact initiatives to engage and retain our community. You’ll wear many hats, from collaborating on and driving our engagement marketing strategy and tactics, to owning and maintaining our email tech stack, executing and deploying email campaigns, monitoring and optimizing email deliverability, and building out new engagement channels like push. You’ll be responsible for building and shipping marketing campaigns that get our users to activate and repeat. You’ll develop an integrated marketing strategy that builds valuable and long-term relationships with our customers.
The ideal candidate is well-versed in thoughtful customer engagement approaches, has microscopic attention to detail with a love of numbers and data, and a keen eye for creative execution. This is a wonderful opportunity for an eager marketer to dig in and drive real impact from day one.
This role lives under the content marketing umbrella, in close collaboration with the product, retention, and data science teams.
- Develop and execute against email marketing strategies that increase customer engagement and retention
- Improve onboarding, activation, and retention of our users through engagement channels, including email, in-app/push, and content marketing
- Quantify impact with regimented A/B testing and reporting
- Build seasonal and lifecycle engagement campaigns within our ESP and mobile engagement platforms, owning end-to-end execution from test to production
- Manage and maintain the tech stack, in collaboration with Turo product/engineering, as well as agency partners
- Develop, QA, and optimize new email templates that maximize click-through and conversion rates
- Manage email & push notification content development through creative review process, collaborating with designers and copywriters, and capturing feedback from multiple stakeholders while meeting deadlines
- Create and oversee seasonal calendar for engagement marketing campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Business, Marketing, or related discipline)
- 4+ years experience in engagement, lifecycle, and/or CRM marketing, preferably in an e‐commerce or sharing economy-based model
- Experience using email marketing platforms to drive business results (e.g. ExactTarget, Responsys, Sendgrid, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and how templates are loaded and coded into a marketing automation tool
- Excellent creativity and natural eye for compelling brand creative
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and/or relational databases
- Understanding of customer segmentation techniques and applications
- Experience monitoring and optimizing email deliverability and IP & domain reputations
- Proven success reporting on, analyzing, and optimizing (via creative testing, segmentation testing, and other variable testing) email campaigns
- Dynamite communication skills and a collaborative, proactive spirit
- Competitive salary and equity
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Apple equipment of your choice
- Four weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, volunteer time off, generous parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
- Annual employee education and training allowance every month
Turo is the world’s largest peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of local hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $200M+ to date from top-tier investors, including Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures. Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!