Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
The Transition Architect will focus on the evaluation, design, and implementation of complex enterprise datacenter infrastructure consulting solutions. The Transition Architect’s primary objective will be to craft and deliver customer solutions (product and services) that support customer business requirement success. This role will strengthen the sales and engineering teams with deep and broad datacenter engineering skill sets, providing excellent guidance regarding methodologies, technologies, and consulting strategies to address customer business needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as technical lead on Application Migration Services engagements
- Partner with our Transition Managers to drive complex, multi-phased customer projects through successful completion
- Engage with manufacturers to gather documents and resources as needed
- Create clear and accurate diagrams to illustrate infrastructure and how it relates to the work being done
- Develop a comprehensive strategy along with supporting design documents to show work will completed per project type
- Communicate Company value proposition to varying technical and non-technical clients, including executive ‘C'' level management, VP, and Director levels, and end-users
- Establish strong and lasting relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers in client organizations
Qualifications & Interests:
- A minimum of 10+ years of infrastructure design, build and management experience, including proven expertise in data center migrations, consolidations and new site build-outs
- 5+ years of experience in a technical architect role, with special consideration for Network expertise, or expertise in multiple technical areas
- Hands on experience with data replication, snapshot, and cutover approaches – host, storage and database
- Strong consultative skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical options to the customer and Trace3 management
- Capable of leading and executing high level and low-level technical design work
- Strong leadership skills to identify tasks/issues and ensure they are owned until completion
- Ability to develop work plans for migration and perform related tasks to support project management team
- Migration experience with any tools in the market that handle P2V, V2V and P2P migration tools (hands on work)
- Capable of hands on, command line configuration work
- Solid Excel skills including pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, ++ for Power Query and Power Pivot
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, excellent time management skills and able to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume, and evolving work environment
- Comfortable managing multiple and changing priorities, and meeting deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to approach customer and sales requests with a proactive and consultative manner; listen and understand user requests and needs and effectively deliver
- Up to 10% travel (occasionally higher based on project startups)
- Valid drivers license required
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Total Wellness Program
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.