Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Why you'll love this role
As a Senior GL Accountant, you will be a key member of our US-based accounting team and you will partner with Treasury, Revenue, FP&A, and external auditors. You will support StockX’s overall objective of providing timely and accurate financial results -with insights- by performing critical tasks needed for the monthly close. You will be responsible for applying processes and procedures to ensure all general ledger activity is maintained in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). You will also be involved in a number of ad hoc projects to support our growing business and improve our processes.
What you'll do
- Assist in the preparation of monthly accounting entries and reconciliations
- Responsible for month, quarter and year-end close related activities including trend analysis, preparation of flux analysis, ad hoc analyses and various month-end reports and reconciliations
- Assist with internal controls implementation and compliance.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies, coding errors and other issues that should be researched and resolved or elevated to team leadership
- Assist in the preparation of financial information for external audits and correspond directly with external auditors to provide requested schedules and support
- Proactive in identifying process inefficiencies and offer suggestions for improvements
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Bonus points if you have a CPA & Big 4 public accounting experience
- Experience with financial statement footnote disclosures
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and the ability to apply GAAP to the Company’s transactions
- Proficiency with enterprise accounting software (Workday, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP)
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, growth oriented environment
- Able to learn and adapt quickly to new process flows and software technologies
Nice to have skills
- SOX 404 experience
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the various pay transparency laws/acts, the base salary range is $80,000 to $115,000 plus opportunities for benefits (e.g., medical, dental), equity and discretionary bonuses. Compensation is dependent on geography and may vary.
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.