Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the role
StockX is seeking a motivated, dedicated, and focused individual with marketplace and order management experience to lead a growing team with a primary focus on marketplace matching, dynamic pricing, order management and cross border trade to help facilitate a growing culture of efficiency and pricing advantage for all StockX team members and customers. The Product Manager for Marketplaces and Orders will be responsible for leading a team of engineers and analysts as well as working with the Finance, Identity, Safety & Trust, Payments, Customer Service, Legal and other teams to build StockX’s marketplace and cross border trade solutions, processes and technology.
The Product Manager for Marketplaces and Orders will be responsible for the strategic plan, product roadmap, business operations, and partner relationship management of our core marketplace and fee strategy. Strategically, the StockX marketplace is a key competitive advantage and can create net new revenue streams for the company, as well as a large contributor to costs for our company and our customers. The role will therefore be tasked with creating a secure, scalable, and compliant platform, which uses fees and pricing to match buyers and sellers worldwide and create supply and demand leverage worldwide. This will drive optimal sell through and conversion rates at the lowest cost to the business and our users. Deep experience in global marketplace operations will be crucial to drive a safe, easy customer experience for both buyers and sellers on the StockX platform. Experience in payments, cross border trade, compliance and pricing strategy will be helpful. This role will work closely with engineering, finance, international leaders, customer service, marketing, legal, and compliance to deploy products, which give StockX a competitive edge in our marketplace & pricing worldwide.
This role will be responsible for leading company wide initiatives to streamline our marketplace and cross border trade systems. This includes overseeing the rebuild of our core matching engine and introducing new services to provide more pricing transparency for our customers internationally. Additionally, StockX plans on significant improvements to our core systems which will require new services and enhanced capabilities both domestically and internationally. This role will have to work tightly with both the buy and sell side of our marketplace as well as pricing, finance and taxes.
What you’ll do
- Effectively lead an engineering team or teams.
- Regular updates on the state of the marketplace to audiences including executives and board members.
- Effective monitoring and reporting of core marketplace trends within the company and suggest improvements or adjustments to improve scalability and efficiency.
- Assist Fraud Teams with proper review of disputes and investigations to be done within process and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all marketplace processes are documented and followed throughout the company.
- Provide continual training and coaching to team members in proper marketplace procedures including state machine adherence.
- Maintain thorough and accurate reporting on the marketplace performance as well as order state management for leadership.
- Partner with Customer Support to ensure proper handoff and consultation for support cases involving marketplace and order issues.
- Review analysis and reporting on marketplace and order state issues and cleanly escalate needed information for StockX Senior leadership.
- Work with third party partners and internal teams on potential inefficiencies and weaknesses to close any possible gaps.
- Maintain clean and detailed record keeping of instances of issues and losses sustained by StockX including documented learnings from each case.
- Use provided data and analytics to develop and implement new measures to improve marketplace performance and scalability.
- Collaborate cross departmentally to identify new areas of opportunity and take proactive measures whenever possible.
- Provide feedback and assistance to additional departments in instances of possible inefficiencies and access control issues.
- Maintain vendor management with external partners and ensure effectiveness.
- Experience in marketplace dynamics and order management at the international level.
- Experience in cross border trade, including shipping physical and digital goods.
- Detailed knowledge of marketplace and order management systems and implications for costs and efficiency.
- Experience with dynamic pricing systems, including seller and buyer initiated transactions.
- Experience in currency conversion within pricing systems.
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in a lead product role with management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at the executive level.
- Proven analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Ability to cooperate across organizational/department boundaries to reach mutual goals
- Ability to successfully pass a background investigation and drug test.
- Consent to recurring background investigations at discretion of senior management.
- Must be able to maintain composure in stressful situations and confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proficiency in using data analysis and computer-based tools, such as Google and Microsoft Office Suite and similar products.
- Creativity, flexibility, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing tasks and priorities.
- Expertise in managed marketplace business models.
- Familiarity with Marketplace/StockX operations.
- Expert Payment experience in multiple regions, especially APAC.
- Fraud and investigative experience.
- Experience with multiple payment providers and orchestration layers.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.