Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Sr Software Engineering Manager to join the Globalisation platform Team at StockX.
This team is responsible for building services for global market like Internationalisation platform, Global Address service and various other platforms for Global Buyers.This is a great opportunity to leverage your existing skills, to build a world-class platform and to have a huge impact on how marketplaces can be redefined. At StockX, we’re just getting started.
- Collaborate with engineers & managers alike in a geographically distributed organization.
- Develop strong relationships with people in the organization, collaborating and building trust.
- See the big picture and identify strategically important problems, inefficiencies or opportunities for meaningful improvements.
- Create a tech roadmap and drive alignment on how to tackle these and deliver high leverage solutions on these at the group and organization level.
- Be a role model on acting with good judgement and responsibility. Engineers across the organization will look to you on how best to plan and execute on projects.
- Raise the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing and monitoring.
- Be a humble mentor and trusted advisor for both our talented team members and passionate leaders alike.
- Deal with a difference in opinions in a mature and fair way, helping teams to commit and move forward.
- Provide technical leadership & mentoring in designing & rollout of software components and solutions that serve various organizations at StockX
- Build for the next level of scale.
- Overall 10-15 years of industry experience.
- At least 3 years of people management experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in working with geographically distributed teams.
- Must be hands-on currently for software design and development.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skill.
- Ability to thrive in an environment which is still evolving as a fast moving startup. Also an opportunity to define the processes and thrive in ambiguity.
- Attitude of “roll-up your sleeves and get it done”.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience of data storage eco systems. Relational databases, No-SQL databases and Caching systems.
- Exceptional skill in solving complex problems by use of right data structure and algorithms.
- Hands on experience in using design patterns to solve complex software design/architecture problems.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience in microservice architectures and event driven architecture. You have built highly resilient, scalable REST-based services.
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience in building highly scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience with message queues, pub-sub systems and event streams.
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud provider tech stack.
- Experience in working with a US-based HQ office for 3+ years.
- Experience in working for a fast paced Startup.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.