All roles listed as ‘remote’ are considered remote within the same country, and should we offer you the position, the remote option will be at the hiring manager’s discretion. Please note, you must not have any working restrictions in the country where this job is located. Check out our Flexwork policy for more information
Location: Bucharest, Cluj, or remote from Romania
Snyk's mission is to empower developers to build more secure software with minimal investment in time and resources.
We are looking for collaborative Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers to join our Applications Division. With your team, you will own the future product direction, development, testing and operational reliability of our services. You will be working with distributed teams across the UK, Europe and Israel.
We are looking for engineers in the following Snyk products: Snyk Open Source, Snyk Infrastructure as Code, and Snyk Code.
Snyk Open Source In Open Source we introduce and improve support for dev tools, languages, package managers, source code management and more. This means tackling challenges such as taming the complexity in developer ecosystems, providing a reliable and fast service at scale, and optimising the algorithms behind dependency resolution.
Snyk Infrastructure as Code Snyk Infrastructure as Code enables developers to scan their cloud configuration files, e.g. Kubernetes, Terraform, CloudFormation and Helm, to pick up potential misconfigurations before they reach production. Our product aims to integrate tightly with developers continuous integration pipelines as well as providing high level information via source code import. Key challenges coming up are to deepen our understanding of cloud config languages, mapping production infrastructure back to the original source code as well as providing best-in-class security rules that allow developers and security teams to have trust in rolling out changes to their infrastructure.
Snyk Code Snyk Code enables developers to scan their own source code for security issues and provides meaningful and actionable results to fix those issues. We support different environments and integrations as part of the CI/CD, IDE Plugins and web experience as well. We try to bring a new, innovative and a fast experience into the SAST product world. We have e2e ownership of all of our tech stack - Node and C++ microservices.
You'll most likely spend your time on:
- Pair programming to collaboratively build the services that power Snyk
- Making use of best practices and new technologies to maintain and extend our existing services.
- Working across the stack and entire development life cycle to build, test, deploy and support high quality, reliable, fast services that power Snyk
- Talking to our customers and collaborating with other teams to build a product everyone truly loves
- Continuously delivering small, high quality changes to production, at a sustainable pace
- Identifying potential improvements in our team processes and workflows and driving the changes needed to address them
- Supporting and growing the other engineers in your team through pairing, feedback and mentoring (for more Senior roles)
- Investigating and addressing performance and scalability concerns across our services as we grow.
- Evolving our technology and architecture to meet the challenges ahead.
- Participating in our on-call rotation (compensated)
You should apply if you have:
- Approachable and friendly demeanour, with strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to talk about potentially complex technical concepts in ways that make it easy for others to understand.
- Enjoy working collaboratively using pair programming and code reviews
- Have a people orientated, team-first mindset and are invested in building a high performing team as much as a successful product.
- Promote testing as a natural part of any coding effort to improve code quality
- See mistakes as a learning opportunity and a key driver for personal growth
- Have high standards and opinions on topics such as code quality, testing and continuous delivery and enjoy working with others to raise the bar.
- Enjoy working on early stage products; talking with customers to identify, prioritise and solve problems iteratively and build something that they really love.
- Are comfortable working in a cross-functional team, working across the stack to deliver new features from ideation to production.
- Enjoy working sustainably and iteratively, delivering high quality code using continuous delivery
- Love working in a fast-paced start-up environment that respects its engineers and customers
- Enjoy solving complex technical problems
- Feel comfortable working with uncertainties and unknowns
We’d especially love to hear from you (but you don’t need these skills to apply!) if you:
- Have production-grade experience with Kubernetes or have worked with any of the popular cloud platform offerings from Google, Amazon and Microsoft Azure.
- Have an SRE background
- Have experience contributing to open-source projects
- Are familiar with distributed system architectural challenges
- Have cloud-native and/or Docker experience
- Have a strong community involvement (open-source, conferences, meet-ups, etc).
- Have experience supporting and running software in production
- Enjoy the challenge of finding the right alerting, monitoring and SLOs for your services
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.