All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
Snyk Procurement’s function is going through an exciting transformation that will support Snyk’s continued hypergrowth and vision. This is an important time to join and be part of the team. We are transforming and building the procurement discipline from existing good practices, as well as introducing new best in class procurement, sourcing and spend management solutions, including the deployment of our new Procure to Pay platform (Ivalua).
The Director, Procurement Operations will be responsible for creating, implementing, streamlining and managing procurement processes, metrics, operations and strategic programs, that will fuel and empower the procurement category management function and the overall organization. This is a key role to support the VP of Procurement to accelerate the transition of the function from tactical to strategic and will be expected to take a leading role in shaping the team to scale.
This person will have extensive and measurable experience in hypergrowth tech companies building a Procurement Excellence function on best practices foundation from the ground up, including the ability to maximize the performance of the Operations team. In addition, the individual will be highly data driven, with the ability to extract, design, manipulate and present key Procurement metrics and dashboards that will ultimately drive the strategic vision of the Procurement function.
- Drive lean approach to sourcing and procurement across Snyk including process optimization, to support company’s agility and growth, and maximize the technology ROI;
- Complete ongoing internal and industry benchmarking and ensure Snyk procurement is aware of / following / setting latest trends;
- Develop and lead process/best practices/trainings for strong vendor contract negotiations, focusing on procurement, financial and business risks (i.e. cost, market, industry risks), market intelligence, and Contract Cost/Price Modeling. This involves counterparty financial strength analysis, intelligence/research, pricing analytics, financial modeling, and presentation skills related to highly complex and high dollar contract and/or 3rd party action;
- Build a process for early engagement and planning; proactively engage with businesses and finance in strategic business planning so that supplier selection and procurement strategies are articulated early enough to be incorporated into final plan;
- Own procurement annual planning, and mechanism to drive savings per category;
- Work with category and business leads to ensure full alignment between their strategy and the operational support, on topics such as the sourcing pipeline, Preferred Supplier List or QBR agenda;
- Develop and implement a governance process across the external network of Suppliers via a defined Supplier Management Program, to improve 2-way performance and maximize the value beyond the traditional price-price agreements;
- Build and own corporate procurement metrics/savings dashboard, analyze trends and drive/collaborate on improvement actions;
- Build and own corporate spend analysis/Spend cube and generate the related insights to help with the strategic decisions;
- Establish and maintain KPI’s and standard clauses library in collaboration with Legal, Privacy and align with InfoSec to ensure the right due-diligence is embedded into the procurement processes;
- Manage a team of Buyers and Sourcing Managers efficiently and effectively;
- Participate in preparation and management of Snyk’s Procurement budget;
- Negotiate contracts as required;
- Represent Snyk externally as required to deliver the responsibilities of the role;
- May perform other duties as needed to drive organizational success
Desired Skills and Experience
The candidate will be heavily experienced driving Procurement transformations through technology and best-in-class policies and processes, with high stakeholder and change management skills and an excellent understanding of category management and business strategy, especially in the area of budgets, cost control and savings implications tied to running a budget.
- 8+ or more years of related experience in procurement within technology companies;
- Positive attitude with natural sense of urgency and able to adapt to ever changing circumstances. Ability to move fast, influence and lead the team with agility and speed;
- Extensive experience in people management, including coaching, mentoring and ensuring the team is operating at their best;
- Proven ability of strategic thinking and demonstrated executive-level communication and influencing skills;
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with other functional areas of the organization, working in a matrixed global environment;
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate multiple deadlines, create cohesive teams, and respond quickly to management requests;
- A leader in best in class Procurement methodologies and processes;
- Experience in planning and deploying of one or more top tier Source to Pay platforms;
- Ability to extract, manipulate and analyze Procurement data / experience in Procurement analytics;
- In-depth understanding of procurement spend management and categories, financial models, costs, and budget, ideally with hands-on category management experience with indirect categories;
- Demonstrate procurement market awareness, ability to complete supplier and industry research and provide recommendations based on findings;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, project managerial and interpersonal skills;
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Economics, Accounting or Finance (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree)
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.