Vice President of Legal, Commercial, Product and Privacy
Snyk is looking for an experienced, business-minded attorney to join Snyk’s growing legal team and support Snyk’s commercial, product and privacy activities around the globe. Reporting to Snyk’s Chief Legal Officer, you will be responsible for leading and growing a global team of attorneys and legal professionals that support Synk’s GTM, product and privacy needs. In this role you will be expected to partner closely with senior GTM leadership and other key stakeholders to identify and execute strategic opportunities for operational excellence in support of Snyk’s rapid growth and ongoing expansion. In addition to the commercial legal team, you will manage and direct team members focused on providing product and privacy guidance to the business, partnering closely with Product & Engineering leadership in this capacity, and building out these areas of the legal team as needed to support the business. You will also be responsible for managing, hiring and mentoring an international team of attorneys and legal professionals, and you will be a key member of Snyk’s legal leadership team.
As VP of Legal at Snyk:
You will be based in the US, working either from one of our US offices or remotely or a mixture of both. You will report to the Chief Legal Officer in Washington, DC, and will collaborate closely with cross-functional team members from around the globe, including in finance, GTM, procurement, and product and engineering. You will have experience building and leading a global team and scaling a commercial legal function to support a rapidly growing SAAS company. Your approach is pragmatic, customer focused and collaborative – your goal is to enable the business and its customers. In addition to day to day management of the team, you’ll be asked to guide complex deals with large enterprise customers, work closely with the procurement team on process improvements and form relationships Product and Engineering leadership to ensure their teams are well supported in their development efforts. You will also participate in mentoring and leadership as a member of the Snyk legal leadership team.
You’ll spend your time:
- Being highly visible to the business and ensuring the legal team is at the forefront of strategic initiatives. large commercial transactions and product launches
- Managing legal department and cross-functional projects, including transformational efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes that support Snyk’s exponential growth and increasing scale
- Managing the commercial legal aspects of integrating acquired businesses into Snyk’s GTM organization
- Balancing risks, exercising judgment and taking decisive action to execute on complex and high impact customer deals
- Using data and metrics to make efficient use of the legal team’s resources and to identify opportunities for service delivery improvement
- Partnering closely with other teams on cross-functional projects to deliver business-focused support and strategic advice
You should apply if:
- You have 15+ years of experience, including several years of in-house experience, preferably in a high growth environment with a robust enterprise sales function
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are able to juggle multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines and adapt to change within a growing company
- You are a team player with a high level of professionalism and commitment to developing strong relationships with colleagues, internal clients and business teams across the enterprise
- You excel at communicating effectively with business and legal folks, both internally and externally, and you can adjust your communication style as needed to be most effective with a wide set of constituents and stakeholders
- You have experience managing a distributed team
- You have proven experience with, and enthusiasm for, process improvement, and problem solving
- You are open minded and unafraid to tackle new or unfamiliar problems – you embrace the opportunity to learn and grow
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.