All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
Location: Boston. This role is open to remote work from the US.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and driven individual to join our Finance team to support Snyk’s hyper-growth as Global Controller, reporting to VP, Finance. This individual should be highly motivated to learn and grow within the organization and show a proven track record to thrive successfully in a fast-paced environment. To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers, people who live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them.
This is a crucial position responsible for coordinating, administering and controlling the financial operations of the organization. Functional responsibilities include directing the accounting function, the production of periodic financial reports; developing and maintaining an adequate system of fiscal records and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risks; enhancing the accuracy of the Company’s reported financial results along with shortening the monthly/ quarterly close calendar; and ensuring reported results comply with US GAAP. This position will also be responsible for overseeing Netsuite, Snyk’s current ERP system, including taking the lead role as the liaison between Finance and IT for system improvements. Other main areas of responsibility for this position will include oversight of the Cash, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and GL functions, including the consolidation of Snyk’s international entities.
We are distributed across multiple regions including Boston, New York and Denver in the US; London, Zurich, Malmo, Stockholm and Romania in Europe; Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo in APAC; Tel Aviv, Israel; and Ottawa, Canada. We are continuing to expand in other locations as well with 10% of the company working fully remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. As well as an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
You’ll spend your time:
- running the month-end close ensuring effective and timely reporting according to the close calendar. Reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and implementing controls to ensure accurate reporting. Consistently finding ways to improve the close process (re: enhance controls and shorten the timeline).
- creating a comprehensive month-end review package and ensuring results are timely communicated to the VP Finance and CFO.
- owning the global consolidation process. Ensuring all intercompany and transfer pricing is booked appropriately.
- directing activities of the accounting and finance leads in the various geographies including APAC, Europe, Israel and the US. Ensuring statutory reporting requirements are met for each of these locations.
- overseeing accounting responsibilities in each of Snyk’s expansion territories, including opening bank accounts, managing payroll, lining up service providers/ bookkeepers, and ensuring all statutory requirements are met.
- performing timely reviews of voucher packages to support check signing and wire processing.
- creating process flowcharts and developing, implementing and automating internal controls and process improvements related to areas such as Payroll, Fixed Assets, Monthly Close, etc.
- proactively researching technical accounting matters to resolve any accounting questions that may arise in accurately reporting the financial information
- taking the lead role in assessing system gaps and determining/ communicating accounting system requirements to IT in order to create efficiencies for the department as Snyk continues to grow. Own the implementation process for the finance systems and related changes
You should apply if you:
- have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- are a CPA with a total of 12+ years experience
- demonstrates ability to drive the month-end close process to completion in a timely and efficient manner
- are ridiculously easy to work with - ability to build strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders that have diverse interests
- have strong communications skills in both written and oral
- are extremely organized and detail-oriented
- have strong working knowledge of accounting and financial systems/ processes, controls and ability to translate strategies into financial concepts
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have SaaS industry experience
- worked at a public accounting firm to gain the technical expertise as well as in industry to gain the operational skills
- have previous NetSuite and SFDC experience
- are hands-on, curious and love to learn new things
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.