We are looking for a strong Engineer to join our Lynx team!
The team is a cross-functional team of engineers and analysts in charge of building and maintaining the best container vulnerabilities database in the industry. We gather and curate vulnerabilities from a variety of sources in automatic and semi-automatic processes in order to power a top tier open source vulnerability database. Once sourced, we verify and enhance the data for accuracy (package metadata coordinates, version ranges, etc.) and depth (vulnerable condition types). Lastly, we publish the vulnerability data for general use in our Threat Intel feed.
As part of this role you will:
- Explore and extract data from public and private data sources.
- Design and build data pipelines to be integrated with our Snyk Container product.
- Contribute to research and data modelling efforts, along with other team members.
- Maintain and support a high quality, reliable, fast service for users, at scale
- Talk to our users, collaborating with your team to build a product they truly love
- Enable users to better prioritise and remediate the vulnerabilities in their code
We’d like to hear from you if you:
- Have 2+ years of experience in Python
- Have 2+ years of experience in production-grade server-side development
- Have significant experience (2+ years) working with relational and NoSQL DBs
- Have experience with frameworks like Django or Flask.
- Have experience developing microservices
- Have experience with CI/CD (e.g. CircleCI, Travis, etc…)
- Are a team player who enjoys learning and sharing with your peers, and are comfortable pair programming
- Are familiar with the Agile methodology
- Are interested in OS and security
We’d especially like to hear from you if have:
- Experience with cloud technologies (GCP/AWS)
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Linux distributions
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.