All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
Location: Boston. This role is open to remote work from the East Coast
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and driven individual to join our Finance team to support Snyk’s hyper-growth as Sr. Manager Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting. This individual should be highly motivated to learn and grow within the organization and show proven ability to thrive successfully in a fast-paced multi-task oriented environment. This is a crucial position overseeing the financial reporting process and providing technical accounting leadership. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of financial reporting in compliance with applicable regulations under US GAAP as well as lead the internal control process to ensure effective development and implementation across the organization.
We are distributed across multiple regions including London, Tel Aviv, Boston, Ottawa, Zurich, and are expanding into the APAC region with offices in Singapore and Australia - 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. As well as an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
You’ll spend your time:
- preparing accurate and timely monthly consolidated financial statements and supplemental financial schedules
- drafting the annual financial statements, and compiling and providing footnote support
- assisting in month-end close, including maintaining the close calendar, preparation and review of certain journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, & monthly fluctuation analysis
- being the “go to” for senior execs on all technical accounting and US GAAP compliance issues and preparing all technical memos
- assisting in the implementation of new accounting standards and ensure GAAP and reporting requirements are met (ASC 606, ASC 842, etc)
- assisting in the completion of quarterly Audit Committee packages
- identifying, overseeing and implementing company-wide internal controls, accounting policies and procedures to provide scalability for an environment undergoing explosive growth
- being the key contact for external auditors during the annual audit
- leading valuation and purchase accounting efforts for all M&A
You should apply if you:
- are a technical accounting guru with thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404 and SEC reporting standards
- are a CPA with a total of 8-12 years experience
- have 5 years or more of Big4 or other assurance advisory experience
- have M&A experience
- are ridiculously easy to work with - ability to build strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders that have diverse interests
- have project/program management skills and ability to multi-task
- have strong cross-functional collaboration skills with process improvement expertise
- have strong communications skills in both written and oral
- are extremely organized and detail-oriented
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have SaaS industry experience
- worked at a public company and prepared all SEC filings and assisted with the Earnings Release
- implemented or maintained a SOX control environment
- are agile and enjoy the speed of a fast-paced, highly engaged startup environment
- are hands-on, curious and love to learn new things
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
We’re on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
We’re living in a world of digital transformation. Cyber security is taking center stage for many companies, and the demand for Snyk’s product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has been adopted by over 2.2M developers who use Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding, bringing our company valuation to $4.7 billion, after recently securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions with DeepCode & Manifold. On top of that, we have doubled the size of our global team, and we’re not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure. Join us!