All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
Location: Singapore. This role is open to remote work.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and driven individual to join our Finance team to support Snyk’s hyper-growth as APAC Controller. This individual should be highly motivated to learn and grow within the organization and show proven ability to thrive successfully in a fast-paced multi-task oriented environment. This is a crucial position in providing finance leadership in managing the day-to-day operations and business development of our expansion into the APAC region. This individual will be responsible for handling all finance and local accounting and tax issues, including managing the statutory audit and reporting process, managing all contracts, responsible for all vendor relationships, the development of internal controls, and assisting different departments (Finance, HR, Legal, Sales, etc) with ad hoc duties. This position will be reporting directly into the VP Finance, Corporate Controller.
We are distributed across multiple regions including London, Tel Aviv, Boston, Ottawa, Zurich, and are expanding into the APAC region with offices in Singapore and Australia - 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. As well as an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
You’ll spend your time:
- developing, implementing and maintaining accounting policies and guidelines throughout the business for the APAC region
- performing month-end close for the APAC region, including preparation and review of certain journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, & monthly fluctuation analysis in accordance with the close calendar
- providing analysis to the Finance and Accounting teams with explanations of monthly fluctuations and changes in account balances
- managing the statutory audit to ensure timely completion. Liaising with the external auditors, tax agents, and corporate secretarial representatives on necessary statutory requirements
- assisting sales during the contract negotiation process by analysing the impact of red flag terms, communicating the revenue impact of such terms and offering alternative structures, if available
- managing cash flows such that all efforts are made to maximize cash availability and utilizations
- working with sales operations to help with forecasts and FPA and field finance on sales commission plans and input into pricing and channel business in the region
- effectively being the “go to” person for all business matters and wearing a variety of different hats to assist HR, Legal, Sales, etc with ad hoc requests
You should apply if you:
- have 12 years + finance & accounting experience with leadership experience
- are fluent in English
- have prior SaaS industry experience
- have worked for a US-based company and have an understanding of US GAAP
- are a builder and like to build things from the ground up
- are ridiculously easy to work with - ability to build strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders that have diverse interests
- have the ability to positively influence the business on accounting advice and support
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Are a chartered accountant or equivalent
- have experience working with NetSuite
- are agile and enjoy the speed of a fast-paced, highly engaged startup environment
- are hands-on, curious and love to learn new things
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
We’re on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
We’re living in a world of digital transformation. Cyber security is taking center stage for many companies, and the demand for Snyk’s product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has been adopted by over 2.2M developers who use Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding, bringing our company valuation to $4.7 billion, after recently securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions with DeepCode & Manifold. On top of that, we have doubled the size of our global team, and we’re not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure. Join us!