We’re looking for an empathetic, collaborative architect to join our Security RnD group, dedicated to providing the security threat intelligence for all Snyk products.
The group is responsible for gathering and curating vulnerabilities from a variety of sources in automatic and semi-automatic processes in order to power a top tier open source vulnerability database. We start by sourcing data from both structured and unstructured public datasets of vulnerabilities. Once sourced, we verify and enhance the data for accuracy (package metadata coordinates, version ranges, etc.) and depth (exported functions leading to vulnerable code execution, etc.). Lastly, we publish the vulnerability data for general use in our Threat Intel feed.
More information on this can be found in our recent blog post: https://snyk.io/blog/why-snyk-wins-open-source-security-battle/
The impact of the group on the company is measured by several aspects:
- curating the best Vulnerability Database as a core competitive advantage for Snyk, directly impacting our ability to win customer deals
- powering Snyk Code - Snyk SAST product - with the needed security threat rules to be able to flag potential security issues
- spearheading the research and ML capabilities at Snyk to enhance the curation process
- providing a production grade service that delivers the Vulnerability Database to the rest of the Snyk product offering, BizDev partners and large customer enterprises.
You’ll spend your time:
- Directly contributing to core interface design and writing code. Serving as a role model for how great software should be written for Snyk as a whole.
- Working hands-on with engineers, engineering managers, and product managers as part of a cross-functional product team
- Developing the technical vision for our systems and communicating it broadly to ensure efforts align with it
- Advising your leadership team on key technology and product roadmap considerations related to the future of our roadmaps
- Scrutinizing and reasoning clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make in building these products
- Arbitrating critical decisions correctly that fully consider software best practices, our system realities, and numerous stakeholders’ preferences and concerns
- Teaching and mentoring our next generation of technical leaders
- Researching and studying the surrounding domain, tackling complex problems.
- Participating in Snyk architecture forums to facilitate the group needs and help the group to stay ahead of the curve.
You should apply if you:
- have significant, proven experience as a Software architect, Staff, Principal, or Distinguished Engineer at a top tier company
- have served as the technical lead and defined the roadmap for complex projects spanning multiple teams and functions
- measure your success in terms of business impact, not lines of code
- listen well and internalise the best ideas from all over the organisation. Humbly setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and enjoy helping others to learn new things
- enjoy working in and with cross-functional teams, and your co-workers at all levels and across all teams trust you
- have experience with security, vulnerabilities and query languages.
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- are excited by Snyk’s mission, open-source, or developer tools
- have significant hands-on experience
- have worked in mixed teams of analysts and engineers in the past
- are familiar with distributed system architectural challenges
- have experience with infrastructure management concepts and ecosystem
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! Snyk reaches more than 2.2 million developers across the globe, positioned within organizations such as Salesforce, Google, and JP Morgan. Our most recent March 2021 Series E funding round valued us at over $4.6 Billion.
We believe open-source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.