We are looking for our next Senior Software Engineer to join the Infra Group’s mission to provide an affordable, reliable, and secure platform on which the business builds and operates Snyk, across multiple deployment platforms.
You would be joining a small but growing area of the business that has plenty of amazing technical and architectural challenges to tackle. There are many approaches to explore and decide upon as we scale to enable millions of developers through our security tooling, while maintaining reliability and sustainability. It is the most exciting time to join!
You will be responsible for actively owning the development of platform tools and services used across the company, working with external customers running Snyk on their own cloud infrastructure, and helping move the field of application security forward!
You’ll spend your time:
- Applying software engineering approaches to operational challenges.
- Building, maintaining and continually improving the platform tools that we use to deploy and operate the software that we build. This includes automated build and deployment, secrets management, systems observability, monitoring, log aggregation, scaling, and more.
- Working with Snyk’s product teams to help them make best use of the platform’s capabilities, and identifying and driving the build-out of new capabilities.
- Developing a multi-cloud, infra-as-code stack.
- Interacting with technical staff at our on-premise customers to troubleshoot issues they face, and using that experience to mature and improve our on-premises deployment tooling.
- Improving the reliability of Snyk’s platform and product.
You should apply if you:
- Believe that DevOps is an outcome, not a role.
- Have hands-on experience as an Infrastructure Engineer, implementing Cloud Native architectures for various domains and contexts.
- Have extensive experience running Kubernetes in a production environment.
- Have experience building and maintaining automation and tooling.
- Communicate proactively, and enjoy working with people from multiple disciplines.
- Have seen good (and bad) infrastructure, and have opinions about what works and what doesn’t
- Are hands-on, curious and love to explore new domains, technologies, and approaches.
- Are agile and enjoy the speed of a fast-paced, highly engaged startup environment.
- Are willing to inspect and challenge the status quo – to discover fresh ideas on how infrastructure is built, delivered, and operated at scale.
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience making data-driven infrastructure decisions.
- Like to automate things as much as possible.
- Experience of working with multiple cloud providers.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern. Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are distributed across four offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with our engineering teams based mostly in London and Tel Aviv, and 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives.
At Snyk, we are experiencing rapid growth and we want you to join us! By the end of Q3 2020 alone, Snyk had already over 600,000 registered users, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, Salesforce, Mastercard, BBC, and others). We also raised an additional $150 million, announced January 21, 2020. With this investment, we have partnered with Stripes, along with Coatue, Tiger Global, BoldStart, Trend Forward, Amity and Salesforce Ventures, to build on our 2019 momentum and continue to fuel our developer-first approach to security.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.