We’re looking for an empathetic, collaborative, and goal-oriented team leader to lead one of our cloud native group teams. These teams build and maintain products that enable developers to test, fix and monitor open source vulnerabilities in their container images and infrastructure-as-code components. This can happen locally, on-premise, or in the cloud where we integrate with the world’s most popular cloud-providers.
You know how to get a team collaborating to achieve goals, by making sure everyone is clear on the mission, while also having the freedom and space to figure out how to achieve them.
You'll grow and retain an effective, impactful team that evolves its own processes and practices. Helping your team members develop and practise their skills. Finding them the right opportunities to step up, as well as hands on support with pairing and mentoring.
Your team will be split across London and Tel Aviv. You will own the future product direction, development, and operational reliability of parts of our platform.
You’ll spend your time:
- doing hands-on software development
- direct line management of team members providing regular feedback, coaching, and mentoring
- hiring the right people to enhance the team
- working with your team’s product manager to plan and achieve goals
- ensuring the team:
- shapes the product vision, plan, and achieves goals
- communicates proactively and sets realistic expectations
- keeps its tech running reliably in production
- supports customers and other Snyk teams
- balances delivery of current goals with ongoing tech investment
- is learning and building domain expertise
- is continuously improving
- participating in an on-call rotation (currently one week every three months, with multiple people sharing each rotation)
- leading group (team-of-teams) initiatives or goals
As a company we are distributed across four offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with 10% of the company working remotely. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
You should apply if you:
- have experience leading an engineering team
- can demonstrate people management competence
- are energised by supporting and growing others
- are comfortable leading a geographically distributed team
- are able to challenge and empathise with architectural or coding opinions in the team
- understand the value of iterating fast; learning from small, safe, frequent changes
- are fluent in English
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- are excited by Snyk’s mission, open-source, or developer tools
- have significant coding experience
- are familiar with distributed system architectural challenges
- have experience running software in production
- have experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform
- Have experience with infrastructure management concepts and ecosystem
It’s not necessary to have existing experience with our tech stack. We believe curiosity, communication, and the ability to learn are most important.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By the end of Q3 2019 alone, Snyk was already adopted by over 450,000 developers, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). We also raised an additional $150 Million, announced January 21st, 2020, from investors such as Stripes and Salesforce Ventures, demonstrating that they are as excited as we are by Snyk’s progress and potential.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.