We’re looking for a passionate and seasoned software engineer to join our Cloud-Native team to help us build Snyk Container, our container vulnerability management solution.
In the cloud-native team we build products that enable developers to test, fix and monitor open source vulnerabilities in their container images. This can happen locally, on-premise, or in the cloud where we integrate with the world’s most popular cloud-providers.
You’ll spend your time:
- building and maintaining the services that power our Snyk Container product
- working across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-end
- deploying new features to production
- improving performance and overcoming scalability limits
- talking to our customers, making sure we’re building a product they truly love
- collaborating with your team, planning the most important projects to work on next
You should apply if you:
- know how containers work internally and have significant experience with containers in production
- know and have deployed/used/managed large-scale Kubernetes clusters in production
- have designed, built, deployed, and hosted microservices on a major cloud-provider
- practice writing tests as an integral part of your software development life-cycle
- ensure a high-quality of code, that can be safely co-authored in a fast growing organisation
- are comfortable working in a cross-functional team, working across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-end
- communicate proactively and have a team-first mind-set
- love working in a fast-paced start-up environment that respects its engineers and customers
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have worked with a front-end framework in the past (React, Angular, Vue, Ember)
- have production-grade experience with Kuberenetes either as a stand-alone or as a hosted cloud-service (AWS ECS/EKS, GKE or Azure AKS)
- have a good track record of project leadership and mentorship of software engineers
- Have a strong community involvement (open-source, conferences, meetups, etc)
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern. Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are distributed across four offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with our engineering teams based mostly in London and Tel Aviv, and 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. Not to mention that we have an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
At Snyk, we are experiencing rapid growth and we want you to join us! By the end of Q4 2019 alone, Snyk had already over 110,00 registered users, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, Salesforce, Mastercard, BBC, and others). We also raised an additional $150 million, announced January 21, 2020. With this investment, we have partnered with Stripes, along with Coatue, Tiger Global, BoldStart, Trend Forward, Amity and Salesforce Ventures, to build on our 2019 momentum and continue to fuel our developer-first approach to security.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.