We’re looking for a proactive, super-organised, Financial Controller to take charge of our accounting and assist our Group Financial Controller.
The finance team is responsible for gathering and providing accurate financial information to the management team and board members to help the business stay data-driven and strategy focused. This year the team has expanded massively, from a team of three to a team of thirteen, as the department has been broken down into three functions (Accounting, Billing and Financial Planning) in order to cope with company growth.
In this role you’ll work closely with our Group Financial Controller, gain insight into how the finance function works in a high-growth multi-subsidiary global SaaS business, and have the opportunity to develop your finance skills.
You’ll take full responsibility for reviewing our invoice set up process, issuing payments and related operational finance tasks. Wherever we can, we try to automate repetitive processes and use tools that enable us to maximise the value we create with the work we do.
You’ll spend your time:
- preparing the month-ends reporting and owning the management account pack
- reviewing and processing payment runs, and ensuring they are approved promptly
- working across multiple processes to ensure a series of tight deadlines are met
- reviewing and processing payroll and expenses reports for the whole team
- helping the Management Accountant review the accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions
- processing quarterly VAT returns and EC Sales filing
- improving the processes that we use so that they’re frictionless, effective, and precise
We are distributed across four offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. As well as an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
You should apply if you:
- have a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and a solid understanding of financial reporting standards
- master UK GAAP FRS 102 and IFRS
- have worked in a fast-moving, dynamic organisation, and enjoy the challenges brought by an environment of rapid growth and change
- understand how a SaaS business works, and you’re accustomed to forecasting ARR, MRR and CLTV
- build strong relationships both with colleagues and external parties (lawyers, banks, accounting & audit firms)
- are experienced in local payroll accounting and well versed in issues such as income tax, labor laws, social benefits, pension contributions, social security and travel reimbursement policies
- you are extremely organised and exceptionally attentive to detail
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- use Xero for accounting and Recurly for billing
- like working as part of a team and building relationships with stakeholders across the business
- prioritise effectively, with attention to both business impact and external deadlines
- have experience working with subsidiaries and non-UK financial reporting standards
- see finance as a tool to enable business
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By the end of Q3 2019 alone, Snyk was already adopted by over 450,000 developers, and including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). We also raised an additional $70 Million, announced September 10, 2019, from investors such as Accel, GV and Boldstart, demonstrating that they are as excited as we are by Snyk’s progress and potential. We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.