We’re looking for a passionate, hands-on developer advocate to join our Developer Relations team to educate, empower and enable developers in application security.
The Developer Relations team collaborates closely with developers to raise awareness of the importance of security in the application lifecycle, educating them through content, engineering, presentations, videos etc. about application security and pragmatic best practices they can use.
As a Developer Advocate at Snyk:
You know how to apply good security practices in a software development lifecycle. You’ll use that knowledge to help developers in the community learn more about the role security plays in their applications and level up their security practices.
You’ll spend your time:
- increasing awareness of the Snyk container platform
- educating open-source users and communities about the importance of DevSecOps
- producing great multimedia security content in a variety of different media : blog posts, videos, podcasts, cheat-sheets
- developing integrations and plugins to help users interact with Snyk in different environments
- working closely together with our partners, customers, the development, product and marketing teams, and of course the broader developer communities
We work in geographically distributed teams, generally split evenly between London and Tel Aviv. We use Slack & Zoom to keep in contact with one another, and you’ll travel around twice a year to spend time with colleagues who aren’t co-located with you.
You should apply if you:
- have developed applications, integrations, plugins in Java, Node/JS or similar
- pride yourself on the quality and accessibility of your writing and teaching.
- are at your best when immersed around developers and their communities.
- care about both security and open source software, and are excited about learning how to live-hack demo repos!
- are hands-on, curious and love to learn as well as educate
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have strong experience in container platforms (especially Docker)
- are comfortable preparing and presenting technical talks
- have had previous, formal experience in developer advocacy
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk's mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users. Our service enables developers and security teams to continuously find and fix open source security vulnerabilities without slowing down, seamlessly integrating into Dev & DevOps workflows. We are committed to ensuring you stay safe while working freely with the open-source libraries you love.
We have more than 300,000 developers using Snyk globally with great enterprise customers on board (including Google, Netflix and New Relic ). We also recently raised $22m from top VC firms (including Accel and Google Ventures) - we’re experiencing rapid growth and we want you to join us!