We’re looking for a hands-on developer advocate to increase awareness of Snyk and to make it easy for developers use Snyk to stay secure.
Our mission is to help software developers to use open source securely. We have a strong developer focus on the product, and good traction within the DevSecOps space. Over 120,000 developers already depend on Snyk to find and fix their vulnerable dependencies. We protect more than 100,000 open source projects, and receive a lot of badges, contributions and appreciation from the broader open source community.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we have both the team and the product to help the large number of open source maintainers who don’t have security expertise.
You will spend most of your time producing and presenting high quality content and tools to educate organisations and developers about the importance of devsecops, and to make it delightful and straightforward to find out about Snyk.
You’ll be responsible for:
- increasing awareness of the Snyk platform
- educating open source users about the importance of devsecops
- enabling developers to use our offerings easily, through technical content and other materials
- producing great content in a variety of different media: blog posts, videos, podcasts, cheat-sheets
- growing and nurturing our community of developers
- working with our partners on co-marketing activities
- being the public face of Snyk at conferences, community meetups and customer events
At Snyk, developer relations and marketing work closely together to create shared messages and a cohesive brand. You will also work with business development on partnerships, our partners themselves, the development and marketing teams for products we integrate with, and of course the broader developer communities.
You should apply if:
- You have previous development experience: you’ve worked on a couple of different products, and you understand the differences and commonalities across how development teams work.
- You pride yourself on the quality and accessibility of your writing.
- You’re comfortable preparing and presenting technical talks.
- You are at your best when immersed in developer communities.
- You have strong experience in container platforms (especially Docker).
- You care about both security and open source software, and are excited about learning how to live-hack demo repos!
While previous formal experience in developer advocacy is helpful, it’s not a requirement.
You will spend around a quarter of your time travelling, so will need to hold a valid passport at all times.
In this role, we’re very open to applicants who are not office-based. We can employ remote workers in the US, Canada, UK & Israel; elsewhere, we can engage long-term full-time contractors through their personal service companies.
We strongly value diversity at Snyk, and we particularly welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, please do apply anyway - we'd love to hear from you :)