Role Type: Full Time
Salary range: The typical salary range for this position is $200,000 to $250,000 plus variable comp plan based on sales targets
Skylo Technologies is a global NTN service provider based in Mountain View, CA, offering a service that allows smartphone and IoT cellular devices to connect directly over existing satellites. Skylo works with existing satellite operators, network operators, and device makers to provide subscribers an anywhere, anytime connectivity solution that seamlessly roams between terrestrial and satellite networks. Skylo's focus is on enabling connected services for people outdoors and connected workflows for machines at work across critical industries such as agriculture, maritime, logistics, mining, and others, in addition to mass-market consumer devices.
Skylo is hiring a VP of Carrier Sales to help fulfill Skylo’s vision of cellular devices roaming seamlessly across satellites, so that you’re never ‘out of coverage’ again. We are working with the world’s largest mobile carriers and enabling the device maker ecosystem for this ground-breaking technology and service. Skylo’s go-to-market approach comprises sales through our partner channels (primarily but not exclusively mobile carriers), and device OEMs, module manufacturers and chipset vendors enabling our service. Working closely with our product team, this role is pivotal in capturing end customer demand through our channels.
We are looking for a hands-on experienced leader to play a foundational role in closing commercial agreements and integrations with our MNO/MVNO partners, who act as a channel for our service and drive customer demand. This role will also require working collaboratively with our product team to demonstrate value of the service to both our end users as well as the ecosystem. We expect a successful candidate to be able to build an extensive network spanning the value chain that allows us to generate profitable business and rapidly scale.
- Lead carrier sales for Skylo’s service, and directly close commercial agreements with select mobile carriers globally
- Build a high performance sales organization that can successfully grow Skylo’s customer base and predictably close sales against Skylo’s pipeline
- Ensure revenue targets are met
- Accurately and diligently qualify, prioritize and pursue opportunities within each target segment
- Develop and be accountable to the company’s go-to-market plan for each segment
- Establish regular weekly to quarterly reporting of committed sales vs. closures and be accountable for a high sales forecasting accuracy
- Build end user demand with our partner ecosystem, working closely with our internal teams.
- Build relationships with both consumer and enterprise segments of carriers to enable satellite connectivity into existing product offerings.
- Interact with Skylo Key Account Managers (KAMs) to ensure that carrier customers are well supported and enabled for success
- Support the service providers selling the solution, working across the entire ecosystem by building deep and long lasting relationships with partner service provider sales teams
- Ensure partner service provider sales teams are properly targeted/incentivised and trained to sell the Skylo Service
- Maintain a clear view of service provider sales pipelines and product needs to close revenue
- Collaborate with product management & engineering teams, bringing timely feedback from customers of Skylo’s service
- 10+ years sales leadership experience across both direct sales in IoT/Cellular/carriers.
- Must be hands on, entrepreneurial and able to translate business outcomes into executable plans.
- Demonstrable ability to sell and drive revenue growth as both a leader and individual contributor.
- Experience managing teams of technical sales support to ensure timely deployment
- Responsible for revenue targets
- Evidence of being outcome-oriented with the highest degree of tenacity and commitment -- holding themself and their team accountable to timelines & quota
- Highly collaborative approach, with excellent communication skills
What we offer:
With employees working across three continents, Skylo is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. Our worldwide and inclusive culture encourages a flexible approach to work, and we also offer an attractive range of additional benefits. such as:
- Competitive compensation packages including a stock option based equity program
- Benefits including a 401k plan
- An unlimited PTO policy and the opportunity to temporarily work from abroad
- Unique opportunity to participate in developing and running world’s first software-defined direct-to-device satellite network and service
- Access to world-class team and talent across tech domains: software, hardware, chipsets, telecom, satellite and network virtualization
- Open, transparent, inclusive culture that blends the Silicon Valley, Nordic and South Asia characteristics