Location: Espoo, Finland
Role Type: Full Time
Skylo Technologies is a global NTN service provider based in Mountain View, CA, offering a service that allows smartphone and IoT cellular devices to connect directly over existing satellites. Skylo works with existing satellite operators, network operators, and device makers to provide subscribers an anywhere, anytime connectivity solution that seamlessly roams between terrestrial and satellite networks. Skylo's focus is on enabling connected services for people outdoors and connected workflows for machines at work across critical industries such as agriculture, maritime, logistics, mining, and others, in addition to mass-market consumer devices.
This person will be part of the CTO team at Skylo and will play a critical role in our mission to deliver highly reliable and ubiquitous network connectivity around the world. We are looking for highly talented engineers who are interested in building a disruptive product in the market. This is a great opportunity for you who are interested in shaping the future of communications and seeing your work have an immediate global impact across industries. You have the opportunity to work with exceptionally talented people across Mountain View, Espoo and Bangalore sites. With Skylo you are leading the commercialization of space.
- Innovate through ideation to prototype next generation technologies to ensure Skylo's service remains on the leading edge of technology.
- Lead data analysis and research initiatives focused on continuous improvement in network performance and enabling new use cases.
- Optimize Skylo's core network performance by conducting comprehensive analysis, benchmarking under various conditions, and proposing innovative solutions to enhance overall efficiency, reliability, and minimize latency.
- Troubleshoot and conduct in-depth analysis for critical incidents reported, providing detailed reports and recommendations for preventive measures.
- Follow 3GPP standardization activities and advise on new features and functionalities for Skylo’s Core Network. Work on defining 3GPP contributions along with the team.
- Innovate and add to the Skylo IP portfolio.
- Provide subject matter expertise in LTE/5G core network solutions. Collaborate with internal engineering teams, contributing to design reviews and test plans for high-quality standards.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with partners, vendors and Skylo stakeholders.
- Work closely with other cross-functional teams, including base station/core, network , platform engineering and quality analysis teams.
- Masters/PhD degree in Telecommunication, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years experience as a Systems Engineer with a focus on EPS/5G Core Network.
- In-depth knowledge of EPS architecture, protocols, and standards (LTE, EPC)
- Knowledge of wireless communication 3GPP standards such as NB-IOT, 5G and LTE is a plus.
- Strong debugging skills and experience with relevant tools.
- Programming capabilities with experience in Python or Matlab.
- Familiarity with satellite network technologies preferred.
- Proven ability to conduct detailed research and propose effective solutions.
- Experience working on network optimization problems and familiarity with virtualization and cloud application development practices preferred.
- Preferred experience or knowledge of machine learning and data analysis techniques.
- Proven track record of thriving in a fast-paced, rapidly growing and evolving startup environment is preferred.
- Highly collaborative, with superior communication and leadership skills, comfortable working with teams from diverse backgrounds.
What we offer:
With employees working across three continents, Skylo is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. Our worldwide and inclusive culture encourages a flexible approach to work, and we also offer an attractive range of additional benefits. such as:
- Competitive compensation packages including a stock option based equity program
- Unique opportunity to participate in developing and running world’s first software-defined direct-to-device satellite network and service
- Access to world-class team and talent across tech domains: software, hardware, chipsets, telecom, satellite and network virtualization
- Open, transparent, inclusive culture that blends the Silicon Valley, Nordic and South Asia characteristics