Every company wants to change the world, and we are doing it. Skylo’s unique service allows standard cellular devices to simply connect directly over both cellular and satellite networks seamlessly for data, messaging, SOS and other critical applications. We are bringing hybrid cellular - satellite connectivity to ordinary cellular devices.
We offer an opportunity to join our team in Espoo, Finland where you will be working across diverse technical teams such as software, hardware, chipsets, satellite and network virtualization. You are a self-motivated multi-tasker and a team-player. You have a solid software engineering background and strong interest in learning new technologies and development methods. You are proactive and have a hands-on approach to work assignments. You should be interested in stretching yourself into new territories with a goal of seeing your work have an impact globally across various industries.
We offer a professional development path to further deep tech or to holistic product/technology management.
- Participate in designing, developing and enhancing a carrier grade system comprising base station software, core network software and related services - for Skylo’s unique hybrid (cellular+satellite) network
- Participate in and potentially lead Base station software development
- Software integration and release management: Establish a disciplined development and deployment process for accuracy and quality
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews and provide peer feedback on a continuous basis
- Contribute to Base station productisation and documentation
- Promote a DevOps mindset to enable automated builds & release processes
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Telecommunications (or equivalent) required, or Bachelor's degree with considerable industrial experience
- 5+ years software engineering / development experience
- Solid understanding of GNU / Linux operating system environments
- Ability to program in C++ on Linux platform, using Git for source control is a must
- Knowledge of telecommunication systems (4G/5G) protocols and stacks, including NB-IoT
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python is a plus
- Prior experience working with 4G/LTE/5G sub-systems such as eNB, MME, HSS, EPC, and related EMS/NMS in mobile equipment supplier and/or operator environment
- Experience with DevOps and tools like Gitlab, with common tools like JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with C-RAN/V-RAN implementations would be a major plus
- Highly collaborative, with excellent communication skills, and able to work independently with minimum supervision