Every company wants to change the world, and we're doing it. Skylo moves the world’s machine data from sensors-to-satellite and delivers critical information to the people who need it, precisely when they need it most. Skylo connects the unconnected -- machines like fishing boats, tractors, railcars, trucks, and assets as diverse as heavy machinery -- and delivers sensors-to-satellite. People in all corners of the earth - both land and sea - can send and receive high value alerts and messages to stay safe, increase business efficiencies, and improve their lives and livelihoods.
The Skylo Hub is a rugged, easy-install hotspot that connects sensors through wire, WiFi, or BLE, continuously collecting information even when there is no cell coverage for miles. Machines can be moving or stationary, operating in the ocean, in a pipeline, in the dirt, and the Hub continues to operate 100% of the time. The Skylo Satellite Network securely delivers critical data anywhere via geostationary satellites. The Skylo Platform is an immersive way to see the data, send and receive notifications on desktop or mobile, enabling decision-making in real time. Our solution is disruptively affordable and helps transform companies, industries, and lives. Skylo has offices in Palo Alto, CA; Bangalore, India; Tel Aviv, Israel; Espoo, Finland, and is growing globally to support customers. Learn more about Skylo at www.skylo.tech, and find us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Join our team!
Skylo is hiring a hands-on Mobile Manager to help fulfill Skylo’s vision of a highly efficient network that mobilizes data from large volumes of industrial devices and sensors. This leader will join our mobile engineering team to design modern mobile applications capable interfacing with the Skylo Hub and serving next generation of machine & sensor data. This individual will leverage their knowledge and expertise of mobile ecosystems and develop software using agile software techniques. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is interested in stretching themselves into new domain areas with global impact across industries.
- Lead the Android and iOS organizations and provide technical direction for mobile application development.
- Collaborate closely with Product and UX teams on product strategy and roadmap.
- Work with engineers, managers and product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog with short term and long term goals including technical debt.
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable projects and shipping things quickly.
- Sustainably increase the team’s deliverables while shipping scalable products in predictable timelines that delight our customers and users. Infuse continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
- Mentor the professional and technical development of your team members. Help in career development tailored to skills, personalities and professional goals of individuals.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with 3+ years managing mobile application development organizations.
- Expert in mobile UI technologies/frameworks, platforms (Android and iOS), and architecture.
- Expert in protocols like Bluetooth, WiFi and serial communication protocols for sensor integrations.
- Ability to represent the user's perspective, work with our platform architects to specify and assist in the design and requirements for REST APIs.
- Preferred background in IoT, sensors and solutions development.
- Experience collaborating closely with product and UI/UX teams to design and deliver delightful user experiences across iOS and Android applications.
- Demonstrated ability to ship mobile apps on Google Play and Apple AppStore.
- Expertise with testing strategies and frameworks in the mobile environment using automation and CI/CD.
- Ability to collaborate as a technical member of the architecture community to solve end-to-end system requirements around performance, scale, availability and developer productivity.
- Think ahead and groom the engineering backlog using agile planning and execution of work.
- Focus on customer centric product development for operators, end-users and other personas.