The Skylo Hub is a rugged, easy-install hotspot that connects sensors through wire, WiFi, or BLE, continuously collecting information even when there is no cell coverage for miles. Machines can be moving or stationary, operating in the ocean, in a pipeline, in the dirt, and the Hub continues to operate 100% of the time. The Skylo Satellite Network securely delivers critical data anywhere via geostationary satellites. The Skylo Platform is an immersive way to see the data, send and receive notifications on desktop or mobile, enabling decision-making in real time. Our solution is disruptively affordable and helps transform companies, industries, and lives. Skylo has offices in Palo Alto, CA; Bangalore, India; Tel Aviv, Israel; Espoo, Finland, and is growing globally to support customers. Learn more about Skylo at www.skylo.tech, and find us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Join our team!
We offer an opportunity to join our team in Finland / Bangalore where you will be working across diverse technical teams such as software, hardware, RF, satellite and network virtualization. You are a self-motivated multi-tasker and a team-player. You have a solid software engineering background and strong interest in learning new technologies and development methods. You are proactive and have a hands-on approach to work assignments. You should be interested in stretching yourself into new territories with a goal of seeing your work have an impact globally across various industries.
- Design, develop and maintain services and protocols for a scalable data channel across the Skylo network
- Implement real-time data flows between IoT devices and Cloud
- Develop core networking functions in L3 and above (applications and cloud)
- Integrate/interface with RabbitMQ and Kafka message queue solutions
- Actively participate in the design, development, maintenance and improvement of 3GPP SCEF (Service Capability Exposure Function) and future application-level components
- Continuously improve the system, identify bottlenecks, fix issues and proactively enhance the solution
- Promote a DevOps mindset to enable automated builds & release processes
- 5 years software engineering/development experience
- Familiarity and/or knowledge with telecommunication systems (4G/5G) protocols and stacks, especially between the Base Station and Core Network is desired
- Hands-on experience with Java and/or Kotlin and associated frameworks such as Micronaut, JPA (Java Persistent API) or equivalent
- Hands-on experience with Microservices based architecture and solutions
- Knowledge and/or experience with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB and SQLite
- Knowledge and/or experience with message interfaces and queues such as Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Experience with developing Java REST services
- Experience with DevOps tools like Maven, GitLab, Docker and Kubernetes, with common tools like JIRA, Confluence
- Hands-on experience with Cloud technologies such as Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- Ability to translate product requirements to applications
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Telecommunications (or equivalent) required, or Bachelor's degree with considerable industrial experience
- Strong planning, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Highly collaborative, with excellent communication skills, and able to work independently with minimum supervision