The Skylo Hub is a rugged, easy-install hotspot that connects sensors through wire, WiFi, or BLE, continuously collecting information even when there is no cell coverage for miles. Machines can be moving or stationary, operating in the ocean, in a pipeline, in the dirt, and the Hub continues to operate 100% of the time. The Skylo Satellite Network securely delivers critical data anywhere via geostationary satellites. The Skylo Platform is an immersive way to see the data, send and receive notifications on desktop or mobile, enabling decision-making in real time. Our solution is disruptively affordable and helps transform companies, industries, and lives. Skylo has offices in Palo Alto, CA; Bangalore, India; Tel Aviv, Israel; Espoo, Finland, and is growing globally to support customers. Learn more about Skylo at www.skylo.tech, and find us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Join our team!
We offer an opportunity to join our team in Finland / Bangalore where you will be working across diverse technical teams such as software, hardware, RF, satellite and network virtualization. You are a self-motivated multi-tasker and a team-player. You have a solid software engineering background and strong interest in learning new technologies and development methods. You are proactive and have a hands-on approach to work assignments. You should be interested in stretching yourself into new territories with a goal of seeing your work have an impact globally across various industries.
- Develop and maintain a scalable data channel and protocols that generate the data in right format between the Skylo base station and Skylo - and other data platforms
- Including but not limited to: upstream data, events, downstream data, cloud agent, management service, binary segment stream service
- Design and implement real time data flow between IoT devices and Cloud
- Core networking functions in L3 and above (applications and cloud), including APIs - e.g. RabbitMQ
- Design, develop, maintain and improve SCEF and future application-level components running on multi-functional servers
- Continuously improve the system, identify bottlenecks and proactively enhance the solution
- Actively participate in defining the message formats and other variables supporting various business use cases
- Work with DevOps in automated build & release process to support operations
- 5 years software engineering experience
- Hands-on experience with Cloud technologies and Kotlin, Micronaut, Consul, SQL, JPA and/or equivalent
- Experience with message interfaces and queues such as Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Experience with developing Java REST services
- Ability to translate product requirements to applications
- Ability to program in C++ on Linux platform, using Git for source control is a plus
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Telecommunications (or equivalent) required, or Bachelor's degree with considerable industrial experience
- Strong planning, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Highly collaborative, with excellent communication skills, and able to work independently with minimum supervision