We offer an opportunity to join our team in Espoo, Finland where you will be working across diverse technical teams such as software, hardware, chipsets, satellite and network virtualization with a focus on the Core Network Services. You are a self-motivated multi-tasker and a team-player. You have a solid software engineering background and strong interest in learning new technologies and development methods. You are proactive and have a hands-on approach to work assignments. You should be interested in stretching yourself into new territories with a goal of seeing your work have an impact globally across various industries.
We offer a professional development path to further deep tech or to holistic product/technology management.
- Design, develop and maintain services and protocols for a scalable data channel across the Skylo network
- Implement real-time data flows between IoT devices and Cloud
- Develop 3GPP Layer3 Core Networking functions for IP and Non-IP services
- Actively participate in the design, development, maintenance and improvement of 3GPP SCEF (Service Capability Exposure Function) Client for Non-IP services
- Continuously improve the system, identify bottlenecks, fix issues and proactively enhance the solution
- Promote a DevOps mindset to enable automated builds & release processes
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Telecommunications (or equivalent) required, or Bachelor's degree with considerable industrial experience
- 5+ years software engineering/development experience
- Knowledge of telecommunication systems (4G/5G), protocols and stacks, especially the S1-AP/S1-MME interface between Base Station and Core Network is highly desired
- Knowledge of Evolved Packet System including interactions between the Functional Elements - MME, HSS, S-GW, P-GW, SCEF for IP and Non-IP services.
- Hands-on experience with GoLang, Python and Kotlin
- Hands-on experience with Microservices based architecture and solutions.
- Knowledge and / or experience with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB and SQLite
- Knowledge and / or experience with No-SQL databases such as Redis
- Knowledge and / or experience with messaging systems, namely RabbitMQ, Kafka and Google PubSub
- Knowledge and / or experience with cloud native tools and solutions, namely Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps tools like Maven, Gitlab, with common tools like JIRA, Confluence
- Knowledge and / or experience with Google Cloud Platform is appreciated
- You are highly collaborative, with excellent communication skills, and able to work independently with minimum supervision