The Skylo Hub is a rugged, easy-install hotspot that connects sensors through wire, WiFi, or BLE, continuously collecting information even when there is no cell coverage for miles. Machines can be moving or stationary, operating in the ocean, in a pipeline, in the dirt, and the Hub continues to operate 100% of the time. The Skylo Satellite Network securely delivers critical data anywhere via geostationary satellites. The Skylo Platform is an immersive way to see the data, send and receive notifications on desktop or mobile, enabling decision-making in real time. Our solution is disruptively affordable and helps transform companies, industries, and lives. Skylo has offices in Palo Alto, CA; Bangalore, India; Tel Aviv, Israel; Espoo, Finland, and is growing globally to support customers. Learn more about Skylo at www.skylo.tech, and find us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Join our team!
Skylo is hiring a Test Manager to implement a robust automated test and QA environment and process to ensure that our end-to-end system exceeds customer expectations with every release. The Senior Software Development Engineer in Test will join our System Test team and play a leading role in all aspects of system verification (hardware, software and firmware) of a carrier-class wireless network, low-cost terminal device and data analytics platform to support the next generation of machine & sensor data mobility. This individual will leverage a strong background in Software Development Engineering in a test automation environment. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for quality and a minute attention to detail who is interested in participating in building a verification platform from the ground up, and seeing their work have global impact across industries.
- Principle responsibility is to lead a team of engineers building automation platforms, tools and test cases to ensure the quality of our network services and products. This is a very hands-on leadership role - the successful candidate will contribute on a daily basis to the full spectrum of workload of the team.
- Interact on a daily basis with other team and department leads to ensure a high quality product is transitioning into the System Test process, and to communicate issues and prioritize fixes as they are identified.
- Develop and maintain automation to apply and collect all tests against target releases with minimal human intervention
- Support our System Test Engineering organization to design, develop and maintain functional, regression, integration and end-to-end tests
- Develop software code and automated tests that are maintainable and reusable.
- Develop test automation framework using one or more frameworks Robot, NUnit, xUnit.net, PyUnit / unittest, Junit, Test::Unit., RSpec
- Develop test automation scripts using Java, Python, Go or Ruby.
- Basic knowledge in GIT, Bash on a Unix/Linux platform is a must
- Generate API Level Automated Test Scripts using various technologies and tools
- Triage bugs submitted from users and other teammates, verifying issues and gathering additional details (via JIRA and applicable tools)
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate ability to build effective relationships through partnering and collaboration
- Minimum of 10+ years relevant experience in the areas of DevOps engineering and/or Software build and release engineering.
- Experience with CI / CD, Build systems, and Source Code Control tools such as Git/SVN, build tools like Ant, Maven
- Knowledgeable in Java or Python with strong scripting experience in scripting
- Good experience with administration of Build Orchestration Tool like Jenkins.
- Familiarity with Linux-based software development environments
- Expert in development of automated testing across multiple platforms and testing techniques
- Experience with Python or another automation scripting language
- Advanced level of Jira/Confluence knowledge or other bug tracking systems
- Experience with automation test tools like Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory and how they enable the CICD pipeline
- Exposure to development boards like Raspberry Pi, Arduino etc will be desirable
- Programming experience multiple scripting and programming languages and supporting technologies such as Reagent/React, Clojure/Clojurescript, AWS Lambda, Java, Python, R, Ruby, Go, bash, Swift, Beanstalk