The Skylo Hub is a rugged, easy-install hotspot that connects sensors through wire, WiFi, or BLE, continuously collecting information even when there is no cell coverage for miles. Machines can be moving or stationary, operating in the ocean, in a pipeline, in the dirt, and the Hub continues to operate 100% of the time. The Skylo Satellite Network securely delivers critical data anywhere via geostationary satellites. The Skylo Platform is an immersive way to see the data, send and receive notifications on desktop or mobile, enabling decision-making in real time. Our solution is disruptively affordable and helps transform companies, industries, and lives. Skylo has offices in Palo Alto, CA; Bangalore, India; Tel Aviv, Israel; Espoo, Finland, and is growing globally to support customers. Learn more about Skylo at www.skylo.tech, and find us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Join our team!
Skylo Technologies is hiring a Sr. SRE Engineer to implement Skylo's vision of automating resiliency in technical operations. You should be passionate about automating infrastructure as a code, continuous observability, and CICD. You will be a cross-functional team player closely working with Dev and QA Teams. Your work will enable achieving 99.999% high availability for Skylo's platform and services. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is interested in stretching themselves and seeing their work have global impact across industries, and working with a highly driven team to bring this technology to the most remote regions of the world.
- Design, own and operate all aspects of our on-premise and cloud infrastructure across multiple environments
- Ensure this infrastructure is highly available, resilient, and secure for our customers and internal developers
- Implement end to end infrastructure automation, configuration management, Continuous Observability, CICD, Network and Security Systems
- Create run-books to enable NOC center to operate and manage the system
- Automate anything and everything, including yourself
- Bachelor's degree in Computer, Engineering or a related technical field with strong Computer Science knowledge
- 5+ years of Systems Engineering, DevOps, and SRE experience in a large distributed environment with focus on automation
- Expert knowledge in Linux system operation, configuration, troubleshooting and automation
- Strong expertise in Networking (TCP/IP, VPC, VPN, DNS, DHCP, SMTP)
- Experience with VPN, Firewalls, and network security infrastructure
- Sound knowledge of CI/CD and promotion across different deployment environments
- Experience with diagnosing and troubleshooting server hardware and software issues
- Experience in production monitoring and metrics reporting
- Excellent experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Consul and other cloud native tools for containerized management of micro-services deployments
- Experience working with cloud-native infrastructure on a public cloud (we're a GCP shop)
- Experience with infrastructure automations tools like Ansible, Terraform and scripting skills with BASH, Python
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well with people, high degree of organization and attention to detail
- Excellent leadership, verbal, and written communication skills