Samsung Research America is seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual to join our Digital Health team as a Clinical Development Principal and be a core part of a passionate team charged with developing, incubating, and launching innovative product concepts that will transform the future of healthcare. Digital Health is a multi-disciplinary agile team working on designing and developing innovative digital health services and solutions. The goal is to significantly empower consumers, patients, clinicians, and developers so they can leverage smartphones, wearables, medical devices, and IoTs in the health and wellness domain. Samsung’s unique advantage in the consumer electronics market and growing focus on Digital Health provides exciting technical challenges and rewarding career experience.
You will be responsible for driving digital health initiatives at the intersection of wellness and clinical care planning the migration to and development of the future health products and platform. This position focuses on designing, developing and validating innovative product concepts and its clinical care and research applications, based on company’s digital health strategy and your insights from a clinical lens.
- Provide clinical leadership in deriving novel digital health product concepts, incorporating latest technology of mobile/wearable and consumer electronics industry
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams including engineers, designers, clinicians, clinical research and regulatory, providing clinical leadership
- Market analysis, competitive analysis, strategy development, health policy tracking and evaluation
- Identify, select and engage with partner companies and organizations (including payers, providers, technology companies) to advance strategy
- Support clinical strategy around new algorithms, devices and solutions as well as regulatory processes
- Assess and specify relevant clinical validation design feasibility and complexity based on targeted claims
- Clinical study documentation including target product description, clinical study synopses and protocols
- Provide input on study endpoints and outcome measures, scientific/ clinical validity evaluations, gold standard instruments and questionnaires, and the relevant standards for evaluating medical devices
- Leverage clinical expertise, business experience and industry network in all areas
- Communicate team’s vision and solution value proposition at partner meetings and conferences
- Communicate effectively with a diverse group of internal and external partners around the globe
- >15 years combined clinical practice and device/digital health work experience\
- MD with > 3 years of clinical experience and multiple years of digital health product innovation or
- PhD/MD and extensive experience in clinical research and product innovation in digital health, or equivalent experiencSpecial field of cardiovascular, sleep, and/or behavior science are plus
- Experience of designing, developing and validating Digital health products
- Experience of management consulting or investment on consumer technology, payer, pharmaceutical industry, or medical device is plus
- Working knowledge of health policy, healthcare reimbursement, FDA regulatory processes
- Familiarity with digital diagnostics, therapeutics, clinical decision support, hospital at home, and/or age tech
- Industry needs and wants, trends, technology- business impact, in digital health
- Innovative thinker open to use novel digital biomarkers in clinical use cases and patient journey
- Experience with adaptive and decentralized clinical studies
- Experience with post-market and real-world evidence (RWE) studies
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, experienced in producing highly effective presentations to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to anticipate, prepare for, and communicate problems, risks, and roadblocks
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.