Samsung is the world’s largest consumer electronics company and the leading provider for smart phones and smart TVs. Samsung smart TVs connect homes to the Internet, providing a full range of intelligence capabilities such as speech recognition, gesture recognition, advanced video processing and personalized recommendation.
The VD intelligence lab at Samsung Research America is building a next-generation data platform to support Smart TV products and services. We have two office locations in California: Irvine and Mountain View. Our research and development include TV analytics, ads targeting, and personalized services.
The Core Machine Learning research team at Samsung Research America (SRA), part of Samsung’s Visual Display Intelligence Lab, located in Mountain View, CA, is looking for an outstanding and highly self-motivated research scientist lead that can lead and manage a team of research scientists. We are looking for candidates with expertise in deep learning, computer vision, speech and language understanding.
You will work with a team of research scientists and engineers tackling real-world problems. You will also have the opportunity to publish at top-tier conferences in deep learning, computer vision, speech, and language understanding. As a research scientist, you will be involved in very promising team projects with talented people at Samsung. You will benefit a lot by working in a fun and creative environment.
- Lead and manage a core machine learning team to conduct advanced research for machine learning, computer vision, data mining, and natural language understanding
- Collaborate with other colleagues to apply research results to prototypes and real-world applications
- Quickly prototype new ideas/technologies to create proof of concept and demos
- Contribute to the organization’s strong drive to be on the cutting edge of technology through the generation of patentable ideas
- Summarize research findings in high-quality papers and make submissions to top-tier conferences
- PhD in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience in ML/AI
- A strong publication record in top-tier machine learning conferences and journals
- Experience with ML frameworks such as: PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, etc
- Technically deep in the principles of building large-scale machine learning systems
- Experience with deep learning and neural networks
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures and algorithm design
- Strong fundamentals in applied statistics and probability
- Experience with both supervised and unsupervised machine learning models
- Familiar with ML algorithms such as but not limited to Regression, Classification, Clustering, etc.
- Experience with regularization techniques such as but not limited to: Dropout, weight decay, generative pre-training, etc.
- Ability to understand recent ML research papers and adapt those models to real world products
- Self-directed, flexible, goal oriented and strong sense of ownership
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; experience presenting complex technical information, succinctly, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience managing a team or demonstrating technical leadership
- Experience with computer vision and published papers in computer vision conferences
- Experience and familiarity with multi-task learning
- Experience and familiarity with natural language generation
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.