Title: Director, Lead IAM Architect
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: B2B Lab
Location: Mountain View, CA
Lab Summary: Samsung is constantly working to improve the usefulness and security of its mobile devices through the addition of integrated web services. These services must be founded on a strong basis of Identity and Authorization Management. Samsung is looking for candidates to lead the design of its next generation IAM solutions, which will tie together products ranging from Find My Mobile to Samsung Health and provide users with easier ability to authenticate and delegate authority to 3rd party services.
Position Summary: Candidates working in this position will focus on leading the architecture and design efforts for the next generation of Samsung Account’s IAM Systems. You will be a subject matter expert in the latest IAM trends and use that knowledge to guide future Samsung Account related projects. You will be expected to analyze existing distributed system’s web applications, server & database designs, and propose improvements to the areas of security, scaling, and usability.
- Manage and help prioritize Samsung’s IAM related roadmaps while continuously driving Samsung’s IAM strategy forward to the next generation.
- Be the authority on IAM solutions and technologies.
- Broadcast your vision of Samsung’s future IAM solutions to both technical and non-technical leaders within Samsung.
- Propose, document, and present solutions to help modernize Samsung’s IAM platforms.
- Showcase options for evolving Samsung’s existing IAM solutions & architectures.
- Perform in depth technical evaluations on third party technologies and showcase how they would improve Samsung’s next generation IAM systems.
- Work closely with Samsung’s security and zero trust platform teams to ensure the highest level of security possible for Samsung’s IAM systems.
- Manage a small team of IAM architects
- 10+ years driving application & database design.
- 7+ years of System Architecture experience.
- 5+ years of experience with IAM architectural solutions.
- Strong experience in system architecture and database design.
- Knowledge of software development security and cryptography solutions.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in designing secure architectures for IAM systems.
- Solid understanding of existing IAM related standards such as SAML, SSO, OAuth, and OIDC.
- Demonstrated ability to work with global leaders.
- Experience in leading workshops and proposing new functional specifications and standards.
- Ability to showcase a strong understanding of emerging industry practices
- Solid communication skills and ability to discuss technically complex areas with non-technical audiences.
- Ability and willingness to travel to Korea 2-4 times per year.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.