Title: FPGA Design- System and Architecture Research Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America
Lab: Standards and Mobility Innovation (SMI)
Location: Plano, TX
Lab Summary: The Standards & Mobility Innovation (SMI) lab is committed to developing technologies that enable ubiquitous access to information and provide immersive multimedia experiences for mobility users. Our research focuses on:
- Wireless standards and technology including 5G, LTE-A, IoT
- RF & fast prototyping of next generation wireless systems
- Multimedia standards and technology including VR, HDR, All-IP delivery
Position Summary: Join the SMI lab of Samsung Research America in Plano, Texas to contribute in the development of Samsung's vision of next generation of wireless communication and sensing products.
- Perform system level analysis and identify key technical challenges.
- Develop system models and research for possible solutions/algorithms.
- Perform system level simulation for algorithm performance evaluation. Make design tradeoffs by optimizing performance and algorithm complexity.
- Create system specifications based on the system level research and simulation.
- Develop system architecture in the area of RF, baseband and application.
- Lead design, verification and implementation algorithms in digital circuits and/or software.
- Contribute to 3GPP and related standardization.
- M.S/ Ph.D. or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Expert in stochastic/digital signal processing and wireless communication system design.
- Hands-on DSP algorithm design experience, including estimation, detection, tracking, equalization, etc.
- Hands-on design experience on the development of real-time algorithms in FPGA and/or multi-core SoC/DSP. Good understanding of hardware software partitioning, fixed-point design and resource/cost tradeoffs.
- Good understanding of RF system architecture, performance specification and measurement, RF/baseband interface.
- Familiar with 3GPP LTE and 5G/NR standards.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.