Title: XR Product Manager
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: MPS ARPL (Mobile Platform Solutions, AR Platform Lab)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Are you passionate about transforming bleeding-edge technologies into products and services that will impact millions in our daily lives? At ARPL (AR Platform Lab), we are looking for passionate product managers to share their creative vision and to build solutions/applications for Samsung's array of devices spanning mobile phones, speakers, wearables, etc. In this position, you will join a collaborative team of world-class researchers, designers and engineers in the field of AR/VR/XR and Metaverse.
Come join the Samsung ARPL team and be a leader in bringing futuristic products to life!
The Product Manager will work closely with various international organizations including business development, engineering, UX designers, and 3D tech artists to define roadmaps and requirements for XR products and solutions. The product team will champion their product design and retaliation from cradle to grave
- Performing competitive and gap analysis to understand market trends for existing products and targeted market segment
- Contributing to creation of the vision and strategy of products and drive clarity of the products to define the commercial and strategic goals
- Defining and articulating features/use cases requirements for solutions that have been proposed
- Ensuring that features/requirements meet certain entry criteria before assignment to a release.
- Partnering with stakeholders and cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Customer Support across various geographies
- Ensuring adherence to Product Management processes related to change control, documentation, etc.
- Validating business case and partner readiness to prioritize among feature requests to ensure optimal ROI
- Engineering degree in CS, EE or similar. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of mobile product management experience with XR industry knowledge/ experience.
- Proven previous experience in end-to-end product lifecycle (concept through deployment and maintenance) is required
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work independently at all levels in the organization
- Technical and business confidence to assert and/or defend positions regarding definition and priority of features
- Strong market analysis skills.
- Empathize deeply with our customers and advocate for their needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with exceptional time management skills
- Proven previous experience in user- focused mobile –first services and applications
- Able to travel internationally (<25%)
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.