Title: Next Generation Network Research Engineer (all levels)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Standards and 5G Mobility Innovation Team
Locations: Plano, TX
Lab Summary: The Standards & 5G Mobility Innovation team is committed to developing technologies that enable ubiquitous access to information and provide immersive multimedia experiences for mobility users. Our research focuses on:
- Wireless standards and technology including 5G, 6G, and associated verticals
- RF & fast prototyping of 5G wireless systems
- Multimedia standards and technology including VR, HDR, All-IP delivery
Position Summary: The primary responsibility will be to perform research and develop novel architecture and solutions for next generation network focusing on core network and system architecture/service technologies. The candidate is expected to contribute across a variety of network research topics relating to intelligent network architecture and operations for the next generation network, and may engage in implementing proof-of-concept (PoC) system to test and demonstrate the solutions. The candidate may collaborate with other researchers within the lab and with other business units in the company, and also engage in working with other companies to build an industry ecosystem.
- MSEE or PhD with 3+ years of industry experience in the research and/or standard developments for core network and system architecture/ service technologies of cellular communications network or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Has good understanding of 5G network architecture and intelligent service/network technologies such as NFV, SLA, SDN, Network slicing, etc.
- Preferred: experiences in 3GPP SA2/SA5 and other standardization on core network and system architecture/service technologies.
- Ability to identify upcoming trends and directions of future network evolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.