Title: Software Engineer - Android
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: MPL- MPS
Location: Mountain View, CA or Cambridge, MA
We are looking for highly skilled individuals for a role to work on the Web Platform and the Samsung Internet browser. This is a great opportunity to join Samsung’s Web Platform team to build next generation of Web based experiences and influence the evolution of Web standards. Come join the Mobile Communication Lab and help us build next generation of Privacy, Security, 3D and AR on the Web.
Samsung Internet Browser (or simply Samsung Internet) is a mobile web browser for smartphones and tablets developed by Samsung Electronics with over a billion downloads. It is based on the open-source Chromium project. It is pre-installed on Samsung Galaxy devices.
- Participate in new product concepts and create proof-of-concept prototypes
- Function as an integral part of a larger team and collaborate and communicate effectively
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience with object-oriented design and development and proficiency in Java and C++ programming languages
- Hands on experience with Android applications development in a professional environment
- 2+ years of industry experience with strong Computer Science fundamentals in Data Structures, Algorithm Design, and Complexity Analysis
- Passion and fundamental understanding of the Web Platform and Web technologies
- Experience with any of the open-source web engines (WebKit, Chromium/Blink, Firefox/Gecko) development is a plus
- Experience working in a complex large codebase and or in an open-source project is a strong plus
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.