Title: Software Engineer, C++ (VDI Lab)
Location: Mountain View, CA or Irvine, CA
Lab: VD Intelligence
Samsung is the world’s largest consumer electronics company and the leading provider for smart phones and smart TVs. Samsung smart TVs connect homes to the Internet, providing a full range of intelligence capabilities such as speech recognition, gesture recognition, advanced video processing and personalized recommendation.
The VD intelligence lab at Samsung Research America is building a next-generation data platform to support Smart TV products and services. We have two office locations in California: Irvine and Mountain View. Our research and development include TV analytics, ads targeting, and personalized services. We ingest and process billions of records daily from millions of TVs in the field, and we are looking for an experienced professional to join our team on the development of an integrated data platform.
At Visual Display Intelligence lab, Samsung Research America, we operate as a start-up while leveraging the broader assets of a larger global enterprise. We do advance research and development to immensely benefit our core business verticals in the space of Ads and Marketing.
Research and develop new user experiences for Samsung TVs that expand its features and capabilities and delight end-users. Build amazing products and deliver them from proof-of-concept to production. Expand your knowledge or hone your skills by experimenting and developing new products with technologies in areas such as smart home, augmented reality, video calling, AI, and more.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field, or a foreign equivalent, plus 5 or more years of post-baccalaureate experience
* Strong experience with application level programming using C/C++
* Experience with Linux development
* Experience with developing applications from the ground up
* This is a staff level role requiring a track record of working independently and being able to provide significant contributions to challenging projects
* Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals to be able optimize code for execution on devices with limited compute capacity
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field, or a foreign equivalent.
- Need to be able to demonstrate understanding of the fundamentals of computer science such as analyzing complexity of an algorithm
- Experience with embedded device optimization or working with devices with limited compute capacity such as cable boxes and TVs
- This is a staff level role requiring a track record of working independently and being able to provide significant contributions to challenging projects
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals to be able optimize code for execution on devices with limited compute capacity
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.