Title: Freelancer/Contract – Digital Asset Manager / Digital Librarian
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
We are NEON, a subsidiary of Samsung dedicated to creating Artificial Humans who interact with you in ways indistinguishable from the real world. Our NEONs (Neo humaNs) draw inspiration from the most natural of interfaces: interaction with another human being. Bringing together a world-class R&D team of researchers, developers, and engineers, that are building production technology at the cutting edge of artificial intelligence, machine learning, real-time computing, conversational agents, computer graphics, design, and more.
NEONs hold the potential to advance our digital world while preserving the elements of human interaction that are meaningful to all of us. If you share that dream – if you want to make the visions you saw in Her, Blade Runner, and more into tangible reality – and are passionate about taking such ideas into handcrafted renderings, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Freelancer/Contract – Digital Asset Manager / Digital Librarian to help pave the way for our informational organization, annotate video data in detail, and quality control of digital assets consisting of audio, video, documents, and other media-related files pertaining to marketing communications and machine learning. If you are passionate about taxonomy and new media, we want to hear from you!
This role is open to immediate and future availabilities
- Assess, evaluate, and help implement digital asset management software and strategy.
- Understand, suggest, and help set up best practices for archival of media.
- Carefully review hours of visual and audio data in detail.
- Organize, find, and ensure consistency of data in a filesystem
- Annotate video data in detail using Adobe Prelude.
- Review Quality Control reports on video, audio, and text transcripts in detail to ensure data are ready for team.
- Strong understanding of information architecture and Taxonomy design
- Basic Knowledge of audio and video codecs.
- Experience logging and annotating video content and tracking metadata
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong Attention to Detail
- 2+ years working experience, preferably at Tech or Media company
- Basic Adobe Suite Experience, especially Prelude, Photoshop & Premiere
- A Master's in library and Information Science, or equivalent
- Digital Asset Management experience with software like CatDV, Bynder, etc.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.