Title: Senior Research Scientist – Conversational AI
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Artificial Intelligence Center
Location: Mountain View, CA
We are looking for a Researcher with broad expertise in conversational AI with a focus on knowledge augmented dialog systems. An ideal candidate would possess excellent understanding and experience in building and evaluating dialog systems including open-domain and/or goal oriented dialog systems. Additional experience in leveraging structured world/domain knowledge to improve conversational AI systems is a strong plus. You will work with fellow research scientists to propose and execute cutting edge research to build better dialog systems and chatbots for Samsung devices. You will be collaborating with fellow research scientists and engineers to develop solutions to real world problems, invent patents, and publish findings in top-tier AI conferences.
- PhD degree with a Machine Learning or AI focus
- Experience conducting conversational AI research for open domain or goal oriented dialog
- Experience in one or more conversational AI sub-topics such as contextual natural language understanding, natural language generation (e.g., controlled NLG, contextual NLG, text summarization, etc.), end-to-end open-domain dialog models, dialog state tracking, and action prediction/response generation
- Expertise in state of the art deep learning-based NLP research including large language models for conversational AI (e.g., GPT, Megatron, etc.)
- Experience in areas such as world/domain knowledge representation, reasoning with knowledge, knowledge retrieval or knowledge triple extraction in the context of conversational AI systems is an added plus
- Development experience in deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Software skills in one or more languages (C, C++, Java, Python, etc.)
- Strong publication records in AI-related and NLP-related conferences (NeurIPs, AAAI, ICLR, ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, SIGDIAL, KDD, etc.)
- Strong team work and communication skills
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.