Title: Software Development Engineer in Test-ARVR
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: MPS/ DQA
Location: Mountain View, CA
The AR Platform lab in Mountain View has a dual role to research new ideas that can be implemented into future products as well as take current ideas and refine them to near market quality. This duality provides a unique opportunity to explore new concepts and perform original research but with a knowledge that this work can eventually deploy worldwide on our Samsung devices.
- You will take an active role in shaping the quality of our software. This will demand deep integration with our development engineers, developing testing plans and user stories, bug triaging, and supporting design reviews.
- Build maintainable, high quality, and effective automated testing procedures and solutions.
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage and coordination with Offshore team to deliver business goals.
- Analyzing quality data, identifying areas of improvement, and implementing innovation ideas to improve quality.
- Troubleshoot triage and provide detailed debug information for expediting issue resolution.
- Will be owning end to end testing of a product or feature including functional, performance and stress testing.
- 4+ years of experience in Testing along with 1+ years’ experience in testing AR platform/applications
- Proficient in test automation using scripting or high-level languages (e.g., Python, C-sharp, Objective-C/C++)
- Excellent understanding of QA processes and methodologies
- Experience with real-time 3D graphics
- Familiarity with game development and game engines, i.e. Unity or Unreal
Who you are
- Customer-centric: Anybody you interact with can be considered a customer.
- Deep-diver: Curious about everything and insists on understanding the big picture.
- Inspirational: Motivate self and others, always working towards a solution.
- Quality advocate: Maintain high standards when it comes to product quality.
- Innovator: Constantly on the lookout for improving what we do.
- Proactive: self-starter with a keen eye for details with focus on end-user experiences and ability to go above and beyond to ensure a high-quality release in a fast paced and changing environment.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.