Job title: Senior Front End Engineer- React (Remote work option)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
The Cloud services group is looking for world-class software engineers to join our technology innovation group focused on the rapid development of cloud-based end-to-end mobile applications and services.
This is a great opportunity for a talented Front End Engineer to step up to the next level, and build secure cloud services for users of the world’s best-selling mobile devices. The Samsung Knox Cloud Team is focused on the rapid development of cloud-based end-to-end mobile applications and the creation of brand-new services. Come join the Samsung Knox Cloud Services team and help us define and develop the future role of smartphones and services.
- Develop 2D and 3D overlays for third party mapping tools such as Google Maps or Mapbox
- Propose and collaborate on new product architectures
- Interface with other groups including Product Management, QA and Operations
- Integrate with external customer and 3rd-party systems
- Create quick proof-of-concept prototypes
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Must have 5+ years of experience in Frontend Development
- Experience building and integrating with REST APIs
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Hands-on experience developing applications for highly available, scalable and distributed systems
- Should have a good understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and CSS media queries
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with integrating mapping providers and libraries such as: Google Maps, Mapbox, or Deck.gl
- Familiar with Continuous delivery and Continuous integration
- Ability and desire to mentor other team members
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.