Title: (Experienced) mm Wave RFIC Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America
Lab: Standards and 5G Mobility Innovation Team
Location: Plano, TX
Lab Summary: The Standards & 5G Mobility Innovation team is committed to developing technologies that enable ubiquitous access to information and provide immersive multimedia experiences for mobility users. Our research focuses on:
- Wireless standards and technology including 5G, LTE-A, IoT
- RF & fast prototyping of 5G wireless systems
- Multimedia standards and technology including VR, HDR, All-IP delivery
Position Summary: Join Samsung Research America in Plano, Texas to contribute to the system prototype development of next generation wireless communication and sensing systems.
- Create mm Wave RFIC and system specifications based on high level concepts and top level requirements
- Design mm Wave RFICs architecture and make architecture tradeoffs
- Design the IC schematics and layout using Cadence IC design tools
- Perform RF circuit and EM simulations in Cadence, ADS, Momentum and HFSS
- Perform RF, wireless and system testing on communication products
- Ph.D. is preferred or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- The preferred candidate will have a minimum of 3-year hands-on experience developing mm Wave RFICs, RF systems, RF circuits and mixed-signal circuits
- Have tape out experience using state-of-the-art CMOS, SiGe, and/or III-V process
- Familiar with foundry PDKs, such as TSMC, Global Foundries, Samsung Foundry, etc.
- Hands-on experience testing and troubleshooting RF, analog, digital and DC circuits using network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and oscilloscopes
- Familiar with packaging and PCB fabrication processes and characteristics of PCB substrates
- Good understanding of RF system architecture, cascade analysis, power amplifiers, low-noise amplifiers, mixers, and different transmitter and receiver topologies
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.