Title: Software Development Engineer in Test (Contract role)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: B2B lab
Location: Mountain View, CA
The Samsung B2B Team is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to work on our Samsung Knox Cloud Products and Services. You will be responsible for automating backend APIs and Performance testing a wide range of services offered by our cloud solutions.
- Build maintainable, high quality and effective automated tests for backend APIs.
- Design and create test strategies for RESTful APIs and web applications.
- Design, Implement and maintain robust test automation frameworks, tools, and services.
- Tackle state-of-the-art cloud performance issues: Analyze and debug difficult server performance issues, identify bottlenecks and optimize product/service performance to improve user experience.
- Collaborate and work closely with Cross functional teams including Engineering, Product and operations teams to analyze quality risk, resolve test coverage gaps and ensure the best product quality.
- Analyze production issues, identify gaps in testing across the entire test stack and make systemic improvements to Automation testing.
- Help in building and driving a culture that enables quality in all software features across different services.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 5+ years overall experience with at least 3+ years of server API automation/performance engineering experience.
- Strong Coding Skills in Java and/or Python.
- Excellent understanding of RESTful APIs and related concepts.
- Experience with performance and capacity engineering is required.
- Experience with Git, continuous integration and deployment tools (Jenkins/CircleCI).
- Hands-on experience in development and maintenance of automation frameworks for APIs.
- Excellent understanding of QA methodologies and QA Process.
- Possess great attention to detail and very good at documenting/presenting them.
- Exceptional communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
- Hands on experience with relational databases and database architecture and understanding data models and ER diagrams.
- Experience with NoSQL DB, writing queries, understanding DB scripts and functions DB tuning experience is a plus.
- Ability to perform migration testing of static data and transaction data between multi cloud systems.
- Experience with the Azure eco-system is a plus.
Experience working with global teams in different geographical regions
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.