Title: Software Development Engineer in Test: Client/Server (Contract role)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: B2B lab
Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung Mobile Platform and Solutions team is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test/Client to work on our Samsung Products and Services. You will be responsible for validating mobile applications, automating backend APIs, and Performance testing a wide range of services offered.
Possible domestic travel to partner sites for integration and End to End validations.
- Create Test Strategy & Test Plan for RESTful APIs and mobile applications and perform test execution across different mobile devices.
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage for application and Build maintainable, high quality and effective automated tests for backend APIs.
- Design, Implement and maintain robust test automation frameworks, tools, and services.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting performance testing systems and strategies.
- Collaborate and work closely with Cross functional teams including Engineering, Product and operations teams to analyze quality risk, resolve test coverage gaps and ensure the best product quality.
- Retrospect production issues, identify gaps in testing across the entire test stack and make systemic improvements to test process and strategy.
- Help in building and driving a culture that enables quality in all software features across different services.
- 5+ years overall QA experience with at least 3+ years of server API automation/performance engineering experience and 2+ years of Mobile Application testing experience.
- Excellent understanding of RESTful APIs and experience in development & maintenance of automation frameworks for APIs.
- Experience in defining and executing test strategies for mobile applications.
- Strong Coding Skills in Java and/or Python.
- Exceptional communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
- Hands on experience with relational databases and understanding data models, database architecture & ER diagrams.
- Experience with mobile wallet is a plus.
- Experience working with global teams in different geographical locations.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.