Title: Deep Learning Engineer – Knox Cloud Service
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Looking for world class software engineers with ML & Big Data experience to join our technology innovation group focused on the rapid development of cloud based end-to-end mobile applications and services.
Samsung Knox Cloud Service team focuses on the development and research of large-scale production-level deep learning algorithms, models, and systems and aims at representing Samsung's leadership in large-scale machine learning products. The team productize wide range of Machine Learning algorithm from various Samsung Research teams and Research papers. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a talented and hard-working deep learning engineer to get involved in envisioning, designing and implementing cutting-edge products with a growing team.
Come join the Samsung Knox Cloud Service team and help us shape the future role of Samsung in the machine learning domain!
- Explore cutting-edge technologies for our products
- Design, develop, and productize deep learning algorithms for RTLS (Real Time Location System), Recommendation System and Business Intelligence
- Productize Machine learning algorithms from Samsung Research teams or Research Papers
- Create quick prototypes and proof-of-concepts
- Design experiments, perform evaluations, and apply enhancements to our products
- 3-5 years experience in the Machine Learning domain and 7+ years overall experience
- Solid theoretical background in deep/machine learning
- Hands-on experience of using deep/machine learning algorithms
- Proficiency in data structures, algorithms and deep learning libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, Keras, and Pytorch etc.)
- Strong programming skills with Python and/or Java
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Master or PhD degree in Computer Science or relevant fields
- Basic knowledge about Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform
- Basic knowledge of big data tools, data pipelines, RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Real time Location System, Indoor Positioning System, Computer Vision, Augmented Realty, Geomagnetic, PDR (Pedestrian Dead Reckoning), WIFI Networking, and Anomaly Detection System
- Hand-on experience in Distributed Machine learning technologies like Spark ML, Ray.io, and Kubeflow
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.