Company: Samsung Research America
Lab: Digital Health Lab
Location: Mountain, View, CA
At Samsung Research America our Digital Health Lab is laser-focused to bring innovative, world-changing products to health and wellness for consumers. We collaborate with top healthcare industry partners to leverage technology and design thinking to define and drive the future of Digital Health. Our work encompasses the full scope, from conceptualizing, developing, incubating, and launching products.
We are a multi-disciplinary agile team working on designing and developing innovative digital health services and solutions. By leveraging smartphones, wearables, medical devices, and IoTs in the health/wellness domain, our goal is to significantly benefit real-world users and partners. Samsung’s unique advantage in the consumer electronics market and growing focus on Digital Health provides exciting technical challenges and rewarding career experience.
We utilize mobile, wearable, earbuds, and sophisticated sensor technology to capture physiologic responses; we create mobile applications to provide an enriching experience to end-users, and we leverage data analytics and machine learning to develop algorithms that will guide a healthier lifestyle and facilitate behavioral changes in daily lives.
As a Program/project manager, you will play a meaningful role in influencing both internal and external partners/stakeholders to deliver products that align with a well-defined health-focused vision for Samsung. You will work along with a team of designers, user researchers, product managers, engineers, data scientists, and clinical researchers while planning, driving, and managing various projects for product development, R&D initiatives, lab operations, and the development process.
- Collaboration! Partner with research and data science team to deliver demonstrable achievements towards bigger ambition and health-focused organization’s vision
- Identify and work with industry partners and universities to advance Samsung’s health-focused research efforts
- Drive product strategy! Define product vision, strategy, roadmap, analytics, and success metrics and collaborate with internal business and strategy teams to strengthen product position
- Manage numerous projects (market and user research, design, development, validation, and deployment)
- Communicate status of project status, development progress, budget/schedule status to SRA management and HQ sponsors
- 5+ years in program or project management, working multi-functionally with tech and non-tech teams and 1+ year in the digital health industry
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s of Science or MBA highly preferred (or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
- Strong program management skills to lead the planning, execution, and delivery of the project (product development process)
- Define program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- Successful record of continuously improving the programs efficiencies to maintain cross-organizational partnerships
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and frequently changing environment as you prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Excellent communications skills, outstanding attention to detail, and ability to interact at all levels of the organization and influence decision-makers
Experience in the following is helpful:
- Technology market, research & development, and growth strategy & healthcare industry (consumer and/or enterprise-focused)
- Ability to collaborate on software implementations of algorithms and computing models with client and cloud engineers
- Designing and conducting studies of wearable devices or clinical trials with human subjects both in lab and field settings
- Product design experience (experience working closely with designers and user researchers to derive consumer insights, build prototypes and mockups to test, refine, validate and defend new product opportunities)
- Operating under HIPAA
- Developing software for medical devices
- Proficient in Korean
Note 15% Travel: Able to travel domestically and internationally
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.