Role: Android Platform Developer/ Partner – Mobile Platform Solutions
Company: Samsung Research America
Location: Mountain View, CA
Are you passionate about transforming bleeding-edge technologies into services that will impact millions in our daily lives? At Mobile Platform Solutions (MPS), we are looking for passionate Android Partner Engineer to share their creative vision and to help build applications and services for Samsung's array of devices spanning mobile phones, speakers, wearables, etc. In this position, you will join a collaborative team that works with Samsung teams across the globe and its partners to deliver the best mobile products.
Come join the Samsung MPS team and be a leader in bringing futuristic mobile products to life!
As an Android Partner engineer you will have the opportunity to manage different Samsung Mobile collaborations with partners at the same time. In this role, you will work closely with teams across Samsung Mobile to provide solutions with user first approach.
- Contributing to the vision and strategy of our overall products and services.
- Acting as Product Owner to drive clarity of the product to meet commercial and strategic goals.
- Defining and articulating use cases/features/requirements for features that have been proposed.
- Soliciting and formalizing feedback from business teams and technology partners.
- Validating business case and partner readiness to prioritize among feature requests to ensure optimal ROI
- Partnering with stakeholders and cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Quality Assurance, Technical Program Managers, Marketing, Customer Support across various geographies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in software program management, managing different complex projects at the same time.
- Five years of experience in software project management, including management of scope, schedule, risks, dependences, internal communication and external communication with partners.
- Experience in different phases of software engineering process, including requirements analysis, software architecture, development, test planning, test execution and deployment.
- Ability to influence project team members, both technical and non-technical, to ensure proper product requirements prioritization, product quality and project deliver on time.
- Team player with exceptional time management skills.
- Strong market analysis skills.
- Empathize deeply with our customers and advocate for their needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical and business confidence to assert and/or defend positions regarding definition and priority of features.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.